Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How long until my dreads start looking better?

Alphawolfe
@alphawolfe
11 years ago
10 posts

Now don't get me wrong,i LOVE my dreads,ive had them for alittle over two months,but they are pretty frizzy & everywhere,so when do you all think they will start turning 'rope' like & comingtogetherbetter?

updated by @alphawolfe: 01/13/15 09:50:13PM
matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
it all depends on your hair type. but 2 months is really nothing. I wear beanies almost 24/7. it rare my mane is ever down. it seemed to help my hair come together.
Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

It take at least a year for most people to develop mature dreadlocks.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

There are 1001 factors that go into all sorts of different hair typs and how your will lock.

Most people find that the 4th month is the messiest. And a little while after that, they start to come together much more readily. Like Call said, mature locks take an average of a full year to mature. But around 8 months, they tend to look much more rope-like. But don't be surprised if they still don't. Or if they do earlier. There's no sure-fire way to predict it. Beanies tend to constrict movement and delay progress. Tams work much better at creating knots, but require more separating. A good salt soak before you wash helps a lot, too

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form