Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The leap of Dread

desertLocks
@desertlocks
11 years ago
4 posts

Hi people! my name is Khalid, im 22 and am finally starting the journey, or so it seems.

I first saw/knew about dreads as a kid because my much older brother listened to reggae. But it was after research and interest in pre-Rastafarian history that got me interested. I also like the fact that people from any race can get dread locks if they just let time and nature take its course. Personally, thissymbolizes that although we all can be so different, we can even love or hate one another, but at the end of the day, we all have the same knots above our head... If it were not for ego, and some other humancharacteristics, i guess we would all be dread-headswhether or not we like it haha! ;P

Ive always wanted dreads at one point or the other, but could never fulfill that because of certainboundaries, at first in school i wasnt allowed to grow my hair longer than the huge ploof(Arab/German super soft curly 'fro)it would turn into. and when the school gave up on me, it was my parents that asked me to keep my hair tame, but eventually they gave up (university time)

however, now comes another boundary, this time its myself... i have grown so comfortable with simply shaving my head, i just would never grow it long enough. I am a calm and patient person (lazy,sleepy and carefree), so i became very comfortable in the zone i put myself in, i would grow my hair, and by the time it would be nose length, id be fed up and think "aah, next time", then i would shave my head (maybe it just that simply shaving your head is an easy solution). Another reason may be that i was just comfortable with the image i portray, or how peopleperceiveme. It worried me, thinking that my conformity to myself is wats keeping me from doing what i want... (Sounds loopy, i know...)..

some things happened that were quite significant for me, and i realised things i did not realise before.. Long story short, I shaved sometime last june (i think), but decided that this time, im gonna go a step further. Im not saying im prepared and ready for full long locks right now, but atleast let me see what there is to see :)

updated by @desertlocks: 01/13/15 09:47:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

once u dread u will never want to be dreadless so your starting a whole new chapter in your life

but dont worry its not scary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form