Dreadlocks Forums

finally letting go...

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Thanks!

amethyst777 said:

I think they are looking great. As for the tapering, I think it's just your personal choice :) I useshirtsleeves in mine too :)

updated by @bob-ngarly: 07/10/15 03:20:04AM
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Lookin good so far. I'd say no to the taper too. Looks okay now, but what are you gonna do when the rest of your head is getting longer? Keep tapering? I never heard it helps prevent receding hairline, I don't understand how that would work.. If anything ur making ur own receding hairline just lining it up... But its your choice, if you let it grow, all of it will naturally dread. even the hairline.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

If you like the tapered look I'd say that's fine. It's not much different from girls keeping a fringe/bangs after all. There are occasions when looking a bit neater than early dreads normally do can be helpful!

I expect the thing aboutrecedinghair relates to methods that pull the hair hard back and pull it out like retwisting etc, as you're not doing that you shouldn't have that problem anyway :)

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

no i am not twisting at all i am really trying to take to heart all the stuff that SE is teaching me and everyone else. As much as i wanna mess with them, and palm roll and crochet and anything that will speed the process up, i refrain from doing so.. (It helps that all that stuff takes so much damn time and energy, lol i get lazy) Yeah i had never thought about the bangs thing. I also think that once they get longer theyll hang over my hairline and you wont really be able to see it anyway unless i pull my hair back... idk im just going with the flow right now!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form