Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello - finally COMITTING to this

ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts

I've wanted dreads since I was 15 years old (I'm 31 now) I've tried and given up on a few methods overtime. The worst as a teenager... tried honey until my friends told me I stink. (whoops lol)

I'm starting short, knowing I need a bit more length, but using Bucks County dread products only and using the wool rub method. Despite what my wife and mother thinks... I'm doing this. I feel like I have a great start going, already have a few dreads. I was even told my hair was beautiful at a NOFX concert. Made my night.

updated by @reggaepunk: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

id stop the rubbbing now u got it knotty and thats a start keep washing with what your using and give it time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Looks great so far! I would recommend (and others here will as well) stopping the wool rubbing. There's really not much of a need, especially since you've got a decent start. Yes, it will create knots. Then they'll start to loosen so you'll rub again. They'll loosen again, you'll rub again. It'll get old quick. Plus (and more importantly) it's cause breakage at the roots from all the twisting motion. Breakage at the roots causes weak spots as your dreadlings grow out, they'll be thinner and funky looking. You run the risk of them becoming so weak they break off. Since you've got a head start, try leaving them alone and see what happens. They'll loosen, get wicked messy, loopy, zig-zaggy and kinky. It's beautiful! Welcome to the community and enjoy the journey!!!
Daydreamer
@daydreamer
11 years ago
47 posts

I agree with Mons. Just let them go man. The messier the more beautiful! <3

Sending good vibes your way! :)

ReggaePunk
@reggaepunk
11 years ago
11 posts

Thanks for the replies. I actually enjoy the rubbing and resulting fro from my uber thick hair, but I'll try to resist!

Hillmom (Wendy)
@hillmom-wendy
11 years ago
12 posts
Looks great! I also decided to get my dreads and stop dreaming ;-) My DH also isn't so keen on the idea, but I love them already. He loves me, he doesn't have to love my hair
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form