Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Needing someone to say they have been where I am...

EarthMama
@earthmama
12 years ago
4 posts

I know my hair is only going to get better, it really can't get much worse looking. Today is 3 months. I started them by sectioning and lightly backcombing about an inch on each section. Since then they have been left to do as they please. Most of them have dreaded from 4-7 inches down the section but the bottoms are a complete loopy mess. I had straight thin hair and now I understand why some people with frizzy hair get aggravated. Anyway my hair literally looks like a birds nest. I didn't expect such a huge bunch of loops so quickly.

Now onto my next "complaint" ( I am not complaining I love my babies) I have lost SOOOO much length. They were half way down my back when I started now they barely reach my shoulders on the sides of my head. That's over 50% shrinkage and they are no where close to fully dreaded. By the length now I will not be able to pull them back when they finish.

Okay rant over, I knew it would happen just wasn't thinking it would be so drastic so quickly.

updated by @earthmama: 01/13/15 09:41:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

see backcombing was completely pontless its dreading at lightening speed and u only backcombed 1 inch odf the lengththe rest is doingit all naturaly quickly

yoir complaining about it dreading too fast?

longer hair shrinks moee that much shrinkage is partialy length partialy thickness by making 1 inch squares u added to the shrinkage factor (i believe anyway)

the loops are a great sign of progress so cobgrats

if it looks like a birds nest..get a bird..that way it looks intentional

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
EarthMama
@earthmama
12 years ago
4 posts

I wasn't necessarily complaining, I didn't expect so many loops everywhere all at the same time. I am glad it is like this in the winter months so I can cover it with a hat when I am out. My cat would enjoy a bird more than I would.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why i dont have a bird now unless i get 1 bigger then the cat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
12 years ago
21 posts
I am also in my third month as well. I backcombed too. (Although now wish I kinda had a better understanding of the natural way). But all of mine are crazy loopy. Some have ties themselves up in bows some have folded themselves over i have a couple that are still really long and straight while almost all have shrunk. I started with my hair around shoulder length and some are up to my ears while others have shrunk to chin length. I have about 4 or 5 that are in the back that haven't lost any length leavening them just past my shoulders I did post a blog with pictures of this craziness in the third month. So feel free to check that out. And know you are not the only one. I'm excited to see how try continue to progress and grow. :)
EarthMama
@earthmama
12 years ago
4 posts

Thank you! That's what I needed, the loops you have are a lot like mine. Yours look nicer than mine but I want to think it is because of length.

Coloursnrainbows said:

I am also in my third month as well. I backcombed too. (Although now wish I kinda had a better understanding of the natural way). But all of mine are crazy loopy. Some have ties themselves up in bows some have folded themselves over i have a couple that are still really long and straight while almost all have shrunk. I started with my hair around shoulder length and some are up to my ears while others have shrunk to chin length. I have about 4 or 5 that are in the back that haven't lost any length leavening them just past my shoulders I did post a blog with pictures of this craziness in the third month. So feel free to check that out. And know you are not the only one. I'm excited to see how try continue to progress and grow. :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form