dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreading

Abby
@abby
12 years ago
2 posts

Hi,

I'm considering dreading, a lot! I really don't suit short hair and I know my hair is going to shrink a lot once I've done them .. I am going to do the twist and rip, or backcomb. Does anyone have any info about adding extensions to the dreads?! I know that's not natural but without this I probably won't do it. My hair is this long at the moment ..... so I'm guessing the dreads will shrink to way above my shoulders. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Abby

updated by @abby: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

let it dread naturaly it will shrink less drasticly more gradualy and probly wont get too short

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicki Herrick
@nicki-herrick
12 years ago
27 posts
Hey :) I had bead in extensions in my hair when it started to dread. There was no getting around leaving them in my hair. I've had my hair dreaded for about 15 months now n I have appreciated the length the extensions have had to offer. There was no awkward lengths when trying to pull it back, which I felt was key for me. I hate the hair that always falls out when u want it up. But...now that my dreads have settled n matured a bit, I do find myself wishing it was just my natural hair, but I do still like the length it has to offer. It just kind of depends. How important is the length to u?
Abby
@abby
12 years ago
2 posts

Hi Nicki,

Thanks for your reply! Length is pretty important but I have decided to just neglect/backcomb the underneath and leave the top loose, my hair is also pretty thin so it's not going to make a lot I don't think! Hoping this way I won't regret it and can always dread more if I want I guess!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form