Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Dreads

Hank Crooks
@hank-crooks
12 years ago
4 posts
How do I know if my hair is too short to start natural dreadlocks? And is there any harm to starting natural dreads early???Thanks, Hank
updated by @hank-crooks: 01/13/15 09:39:27PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Natural locks means there is no force used to start them. No TnR. No Back combing. Nothing. So you can start them from a bald head. They really don't start locking until they are around 5 inches long. But you will start to see sectioning earlier. If your hair type and washing routine, and 1000 other factors work in your favor, you may start to see knotting forming before 5 inches.

There's no harm at all in starting early. In fact, as long as you wash with a dreadlock-friendly soap, natural locks are the healthies way o start

Hank Crooks
@hank-crooks
12 years ago
4 posts
Ok thank you what shampoo do you recommend?
Baba Fats said:

Natural locks means there is no force used to start them. No TnR. No Back combing. Nothing. So you can start them from a bald head. They really don't start locking until they are around 5 inches long. But you will start to see sectioning earlier. If your hair type and washing routine, and 1000 other factors work in your favor, you may start to see knotting forming before 5 inches.

There's no harm at all in starting early. In fact, as long as you wash with a dreadlock-friendly soap, natural locks are the healthies way o start

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Dreadlockshampoo.com stuff is awesome. Baking soda wash with apple cider vinegar rinse is awesome. Residue free shampoos are good until you start knotting up.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I used Dr. Bronners for the first 5 years. But it only works in soft water. It won't rinse out in hard water.

Dreadlockshampoo.com is the best soap. It works in hard and soft water.

BS/ACV works best in soft water. It's great because it's very gentle don't have to touch your scalp at all.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I forget Dr B's! I've never used it so I don't think to recommend it. I have soft water (yay me!) so I'm thining about giving it a shot.

Oh Hank, from what I hear Dr Bronner's is really good in soft water lol if you don't like it for your hair, you can always use it for body wash.

Hank Crooks
@hank-crooks
12 years ago
4 posts
I'm pretty sure I have hard water...so would you recommend dreadlocksshampoo or BS AVC WASH?
Mons said:

I forget Dr B's! I've never used it so I don't think to recommend it. I have soft water (yay me!) so I'm thining about giving it a shot.

Oh Hank, from what I hear Dr Bronner's is really good in soft water lol if you don't like it for your hair, you can always use it for body wash.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Dreadlockshampoo all the way for hard water!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Use the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps. If you used the BS, you'd probably end up finding yourself having to boil your water and purifying it yourself

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form