Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

7 months in back combed now natural

Clare Crow
@clare-crow
12 years ago
3 posts
My partner back combed my hair into dreads 7 months ago. Took about 2 days and a lotta pain. We did not use wax this time around as first time I had dreads we did not know what we were doing and fell into the sticky dread wax trap. They lasted a year before I cut them off they were a disgusting mess and the wax made my scalp itch like mad. For several months my gf tended to the frizzy baby dreads by gathering loose hairs and folding them into dreads at roots but this was sore on scalp. Then I found this site and decided to just let them grow no more tending. After 2 months of just growing I am really pleased with them and live em to bits. I will pop some pics up of them now then again in about 6 months. I wash them about once a week with water and scrape my scalp before washing and during then after this helps remove itchy dandruff. I don't use any products and spend a lot of time outside so the wind and rain help shape them which I love. Peace outCrow lover and nature lover clare
updated by @clare-crow: 01/13/15 09:36:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

isnt it so much better to just let em do their thing then to wax and work on them all the time?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clare Crow
@clare-crow
12 years ago
3 posts
Yes it feels so much better and more comfortable. One of the bonuses to having dreads is you have a unique hair style without having to maintain it all the time. But each to their own I would say to people be careful when pulling on yer roots too much cos it thins the hair and is sore. Why add that extra tension when there is plenty if stress to deal with in life anyways it's better to let it flow
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i think of it this way

natural dreads grow organicly like a forrest

but salon and dreadheadhq dreads are like a forrwst that the tree trunks are 2x4's and th e treetop canopies are plywood

in an abstract way the geberal shapes are recognizable as representations of dreadlocks but they lack that organic natural wildness or ..life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

you know its funny, here in town i have seen maybe a few people with natural locks, and the people with crochet or wax locks wont even talk about dreads lol. natural and organic dreads are so much more beautiful.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form