Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreads, New to the site

Blair aiken
@blair-aiken
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey all, I just recently discovered this site (4 days ago) since I was looking for information regarding dreading methods, products, and care. I was on dreadheadhq before thinking that wax and backcombing was the way to go but after seeing the information on this site I have decided to go natural, seems like the only fitting way to do it! This site seems to have an incredible amount of info on dreads and alot of people that seem to know what their talking about. So thanks for the info so far, its already helped me lots!

updated by @blair-aiken: 01/13/15 09:36:48PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thank you for finding us. If any of your friends decide to grow locks, let them know, too, that wax and the other methods KB and DHHQ sell are completely wrong and harmful.

As you go, all you really need to do is wash an separate. How much easier can a hair style be? I even posted a tutorial on how to separate on my page. Part 2 will be coming as soon as I can get 2 locks to congo enough to record

Blair aiken
@blair-aiken
12 years ago
2 posts

Awesome thanks for the heads up, I'll definately check it out then.I'm only onday 4 of natural, but my hair is already starting to group together, soI'll need to startthe separation process soon hopefully.

Baba Fats said:

Thank you for finding us. If any of your friends decide to grow locks, let them know, too, that wax and the other methods KB and DHHQ sell are completely wrong and harmful.

As you go, all you really need to do is wash an separate. How much easier can a hair style be? I even posted a tutorial on how to separate on my page. Part 2 will be coming as soon as I can get 2 locks to congo enough to record

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

You shouldn't need to start to soon. Only what they actually start to connect.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clare Crow
@clare-crow
12 years ago
3 posts
Good luck Blair I too have found this site helpful and inspiring. My dreads were back combed 7 months ago but I wish I had just let nature do its thing as I damaged my hair. I did not use any wax as I had done first time and it prevents locking and makes scalp itch. Looking forward to seeing how they come on Blair. Its taken me a bit of time to bond with me nats as there was a LOT of frizz at first but now I love em and the journey we are making together. Congrats on the cool site peeps keep it up I am off to jam some tunes with me babe and we will sing a song about dreadies and how they are unique like usClare :-)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form