Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Journey

binary
@binary
12 years ago
4 posts
Ok so wandering around google (beer *might* have been a factor) I ended up here .... a little back story (horrible grammar, spelling and all)Needed a life change around new years '00, had a good friend of mine shave my head.Started growing my hair out (always had long hair for most of my life), decided to do dreadlocks after approx. two years of growth.Did a bit of research on the internet, started with the backcombing method, had my girlfriend (now wife) do most of the work for me, 8 hour session, more than a few Mel Brooks movies.First few months used a particular brand of wax (after reading a few things around here seems to be a naughty word), however i stopped using it after a few months, I've always hated the feel of crap/junk/gel/what-have-you in my hair/on my body etc.Pretty much been going all natural from there letting nature take its course.I use em to wrap themselves up, while at work (I work at a gas station and literally get 5-6 comments a day on em).Hrmmm that seemed shorter than i thought.Anyways, /wave
updated by @binary: 01/13/15 09:36:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome u absolutely should do agressive wax removal! no matter how long its been since last use u got to get it out!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
binary
@binary
12 years ago
4 posts

thank you

but ive been thinking about it (since i've come here) within the past year or my dreads have have probably been breaking/falling for the end 8 inches or so (via my cat playing with em, being worn thin from being ties).

But that seems to kinda be the point where the wax use ended.

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
12 years ago
42 posts

I agree with SE, you should probably try removing the wax, as it can still be causing damage, no matter how long since you stopped using it.

Other than that, Welcome to the site!!

Hope you have a pleasant stay

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mine wore off a foot or more past the ground from being stepped on tripped over caught in dorsetc so some wear and tear around ground levelks gping to add up (since switching to the dreadlckshampoo.com soaps tho they are stri[onger then ever)

im not sure wax use caused the breaking tho it has caused hair to nealy melt right off peoples heads and dread rot could surely weaken them too

do they feel stiffer or harder or heavier then hair should be especialy near the ends

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
binary
@binary
12 years ago
4 posts

as far as the heavyness/stiffness not really, even when i did use the wax it was very, very VERY light

weight and stiffness seems to be uniform for the most part throughout each dread

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form