Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally joined the group!!

TJ Murphy
@tj-murphy
12 years ago
2 posts
So I've used this site in the past as a reference but I didn't join then. I started my dread journey this last February, so I'm right at the 6 month mark now. Haven't really done anything to it. Due to my job and where I live I do have to wash my hair almost daily. Which I don't think has hurt it much at all. While I do have frizzies, much of it is dreaded already. Before I found this site I used another which recommended using wax which made sense then. I spent hours back combing then added wax, worst mistake ever. Not only is it sticky and gross, but I learned I'm highly allergic to it. So after spending more hours unraveling and stripping wax from my thick mop all I ended up with was a wasted weekend. So that issue lead me down the right path in finding this site. Six months later and I'm as happy as can be. I've worn my hair in every possible style but none have I enjoyed more. Thanks again for the great info in one location and all the great relatable stories that everyone has posted.
updated by @tj-murphy: 01/13/15 09:33:04PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Welcome aboard and hopefully you can add pictures and stories of your own that we can look forward to. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome your not the 1st to be alergic to wax its nasty srtuff we had 1 member end up having multiple surgeries due to wax use

its really criminaly negligent to continue recomending wax use when its so well known to do nothing but cause trouble

in a way your lucky to be alergic so at least it drove u to remove it that day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TJ Murphy
@tj-murphy
12 years ago
2 posts
Wow really surgeries! Ouch... I thought I was bad. I only broke out in hives with intense itching. I do feel fortunate that I don't use wax. I'm an auto tech and my hair gets enough dirt between that and I live in the desert. I'll get some pictures together. Thanks guys for the welcome.
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Whattup TJ, welcome to the family, you'll be surprised at how much these dreads look out for each other.
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

TJ, when I did my waxed dreads about a decade ago I got hives on my neck and face as well. I don't think I was allergic to it but I do have sensitive skin that gets irritated at the drop of a hat.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if I had kept it up.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form