Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose hairs. let them be? or is there something i can do

Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

Hi there! I just recently did my whole head. its like day 3? i think. but as i've read I kept the top and ends of my hair lose and the middle is tight. but now i have little whispys of hair sticking out on the top of my head and it makes my hair look messy. I can live with that im just curious if theres any way i can make them look a little more clean or will that all happen over time? and also about how long does it take for your hair to actually lock in and look good?

i'veattachedphotos of my hair so you can see what im talking about. let me know what you think :) !

updated by @kayla-jensen: 01/13/15 09:30:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont do nothing but wait time is all dreads need

what u should expect is them to look messier soon and then go wild completely with looping zig zagging and crazy chaos going on

tben slowly settling down after shrinking a whiole lot

they will change constantly and those loose hairs will form new dreads naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

just let em go, they know what to do & will take care of themselves in time :)

Kayla Jensen
@kayla-jensen
12 years ago
21 posts

Thank you!!! i have one more question. how much do they shrink? im not really sure what to expect on my dreadlock adventures.

soaring eagle said:

dont do nothing but wait time is all dreads need

what u should expect is them to look messier soon and then go wild completely with looping zig zagging and crazy chaos going on

tben slowly settling down after shrinking a whiole lot

they will change constantly and those loose hairs will form new dreads naturally

Jess H
@jess-h
12 years ago
14 posts

Thanks guys, mine are messy at the moment, especially since I just washed them for the first time.

I found wearing a hat and wetting them a bit helps tame the frizzies when I'm out. :D

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Everyone is absolutely correct in regards to the loose hairs and the shrinkage. I am in my 13th week and I have some loose hairs still (albeit not as many as in my first month) and quite a bit of shrinkage throughout. I've lost about 3-6 inches of length in some areas of my dreadlocks from looping and knotting.

If you have a special occasion to go to and you need to tame those loose frizzies I would suggest either aloe vera or the locking gel from Bucks County soap. Both are water soluble but please, use them sparingly because you need those loose hairs to move around in order to get sucked into a dreadlock.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form