Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It's not a race

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

when u go do a pressentation at your school with yiour teachers ..can i come too or can i do a video pressentation to take with you or something?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 11:33:28PM
Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

I'll talk to them and see what we can all work out!

soaring eagle said:

when u go do a pressentation at your school with yiour teachers ..can i come too or can i do a video pressentation to take with you or something?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome

Stephani said:

I'll talk to them and see what we can all work out!

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yes this! so much.

& it's so awesome that not only are you learning all you can here, but also spreading the word where you can!

Stephani said:

I'll admit, I have truly admired the beauty of dreadlocks for years. Although I have always thought they were beautiful, I never realized how much of a spiritual journey they are to most people until recently. I did start mine because I love them, and wanted them for style. Now that I have them, I'm realizing it's much, much more then just a style. It really makes me excited to keep going in my drealock journey.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Oh, that's a good idea. See if they'll let you just set up a camera and make a video of your presentation. Or better yet, a live chat would be cool. I'd be interested in participating in it too. You could let them know that major universities do it. Why shouldn't they let you

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I think the presentation thing is a great idea.

As for the actual topic...I agree with what you're saying, and dreads do teach you patience, but not everyone is willing to be taught, so they'll stay being impatient. Even so impatience isn't always bad...time continue regardless of how you feel, so sooner or later your dreads will be mature. It's just a much more enjoyable journey when you embrace it all.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I agree. I hear it all the time from members that once they embraced the messy stages, they started to love to look in the mirror and see all of the new loops and bumps they could find.

My locks are old now. I do have a few new babies forming on top of my head, but I don't have that whole head of messy tangled hair anymore. Once in a while, when I check out new heads pics, I get sentimental and kind of miss that phase

nappyL.
@nappyl
12 years ago
8 posts
thanks for the encouragement I just started my locks about about seven months age and was getting a little antsy but your words set me straight thanks
Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

That Skillteacher video he actually cut he dread off and reattached which I found really interesting....It were his other videos that scared the shit out of me! His wife's head is all squared and when you watch the chicks at the salon crocheting her whole head I literally want to cry for her! Too much scalp freaks me out!

soaring eagle said:

oh i know you are 100% right the thing is

when you tell some of them how bad say wax or crochet or interlocking is they call you crazy and refuse to listen or even concider the facts

like on youtube skillteacher pushes crochet ..to hundreds of thousandsa and even tho his wifes dreads fell off in his hand if u dar say crochets bad he blocks you instead of listenung

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Great post. :) I was one of those people. I nevercrocheted, or used any products, but I kinda expected my hair to do it's thing faster. That's probably why I combed my hair twice in the past, and then started again.

A few days ago I wanted to post something similar, but I decided to postpone it until I reach my 1 year mark (which will be in a month and a half :D ).

But yes, all in all, people should be prepared for the unexpected. And if you expect your hair to lock up fast, as I did... Well, it probably won't. :D

As for the stylists thinking you're crazy/whatnot when telling them wax and maintenance are bad... There are people like that in every field. People think I'm crazy when I say I have a headache, cramps, or anything else, but then refuse to take painkillers and tell them I don't take drugs, and haven't in about a year and a half.

And since I'm (about to become) a teacher of English (not an English teacher, since I'm not a native speaker), I have constant arguments with some of mycolleagues about the methods which should/shouldn't be used in an EFL classroom. Even though some of the methods have been proven wrong, unrewarding, and boring for the students, there will always be people defending them.

What I'm trying to say is that world is made of people willing to learn, and people willing to spend their lives only 'knowing' one thing, and discarding anything that is different. We can't change the world, but we can, as Gandhi said, 'Be the change we want to see in the world.' :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form