Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A quick hi ^ ^

Gem2
@gem2
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello, my name is Gem and I live in Reading, UK. I'm a fashion designer and a massive hippy with 8 year old lovely dreadies that are currently green and pink, but they have been all sorts of colours.

I found this forum as recently my dreads have started to be a bit thin, but I think I now have the ammo I need to fix them thanks to this website. I unfortunately started my dreadlocks the evil Knotty Boy way and I know they are thin now partly due to this, but mainly due to my stupid idea that getting them "maintained" before my wedding 3 years ago would be a good idea and they are now breaking and going thin where they were tightened. Worst thing I have ever done. So yeah I learned the hard way and now I just wash my dreads once a week and just leave them to it and they are already starting to look better with a few new baby dreads growing through now too.

So anyway, I hope to make a few friends and drool over all the beautiful hair on this website. Please don't judge me on my past stupidity ;)

Gem xx

updated by @gem2: 01/13/15 09:24:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2 OF OUR MEM,BERS HAD MADE WORSE MISTAKES IN THE PAST YOU LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND TRY TO MAKE BETTER CHOICES FROM HERE ON AND YOUR EXPERIEBNCES HELP OTHERS AVOID THOSE MISTAKERS

UMM WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM BEFORE THE WEDDING?

AND HAVE U USED WAX EREMOVAL STUFF YET?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gem2
@gem2
12 years ago
2 posts
I haven't used any wax removal, but I stopped using wax years ago and they don't feel even the tiniest bit waxy anymore and are now more fluffy than they were. Before my wedding I went to a salon that said they fixed dreads and they did everything bad including root flipping to tighten against the scalp and crocheting loose hairs in.they're now thin at the point where were tightened.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

THE ONLY TIME WE GET A LIL FRUSTRATED IS WHEN PPL INSIST ON RECOMENDING THINGS THAT ARE KNOWN TO BE BAD IDEAS CAUSE WE TAKE PRIDE IN HAVING NOTHING BUT THE BEST INFO damn why cant i keep these stupid caps off todday haha

i'll blame it on weak coffeee and blurry eyes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form