Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduce Yourself

Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

I can't even remember when my obsession with dreads started, but for years I have been looking at pictures of dreads, watching movies with dreads, and talking to strangers about their dreads. I have wanted them for so long and every time I would bring the subject up with my family and friends, of course I would be shut right down. I kind of gave up hope of having them, until recently. One day I woke up and thought "I'm 26, why do I care what people say?" So that was when I started to get excited. Of course I told people but when I told them, I said there was no way they could talk me out of it. I'm a hairstylist, (I know GASP haha) but in my profession it's okay to have fun hair so everyone I work with (except 1) really supported me. That made my decision that much easier. Last week I had a co-worker help me and together we twisted and ripped my hair and I was so happy the whole time! I only have partial dreads for now. The partial dreads were a pretty big shock to my Mom and husband, so I'm going to slowly ease into a full head. I'll get there in time though. I don't use any products on my dreads, besides a clarifying shampoo made by kenra. When I first started looking for online dread groups, I came across the one who shall not be named (LOL), so I am really glad I found this site!

updated by @stephani: 01/13/15 09:24:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we know who u mean the 1 too evil to be spoken..glad you joined us :) y not let the rest dread naturaly gradualy

great way to ease into it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

HAHA thanks :) I most likely will since I can't really brush the rest of my hair anymore. I figure it will eventually dread on it's own or I will help it out a bit too.

soaring eagle said:

we know who u mean the 1 too evil to be spoken..glad you joined us :) y not let the rest dread naturaly gradualy

great way to ease into it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your hairs gorgouse and will dreasd faster then u think i bet

look in the featured discussions for 1 called "the beauty of the early mesdssy stages of neglect dreading"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

Thanks! Yeah honestly most hairstylists use wax because that is what they teach us in school. I knew better not to though since I've been doing my research. :)

Britany said:

so glad you didn't use wax being your a hairstylist!

Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

okay thanks I'll check it out :)

soaring eagle said:

your hairs gorgouse and will dreasd faster then u think i bet

look in the featured discussions for 1 called "the beauty of the early mesdssy stages of neglect dreading"

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form