Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadful Journey!

Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

Hi everyone! Names Carina. I'm 21, Live in BC with my soon to be Husband, and our baby girl. I have an addiction to dreadlocks. I have had dreads in the past, and I just can't stop putting knots in my hair. Last time I did dreads I used wax, I hated loose hairs, I hated bumps, Loops, You name it, I hated it. I spend a retarded amount of time on my hair. I also looked retarded at the start of my dreading process. I dyed my hair as well. Also a stupid mistake! Never again.

I couldnt figure out why I hated my hair so much, and when it started smelling like moldy sweater I vowed that I would never again dread my hair, because I thought it was the dreads, and not the wax. I was a Noob. Straight up dread noob! Haha.

I have since learned the error of my ways. I found this site, and when i looked at pictures i discovered that the dreads I love, the look i craved the whole time was the beauty of the natural neglect dreads.

This time I did things differently. I still did a bit of twist and ripping, but mostly I just leave my hair the hell alone. I had one that was flat, and so when it was wet i T&R and rolled it a bit. Doing this I copletely changed the shape, I regreted it. The flat crazy ones are now my fvorite. I love all my dreads, all the loops, the bumps and loose hairs! Complete turn around eh!

I do not use product. I was with apple cider vinigar, I use tea tree and pepermint oil, I also use coconut oil ssometimes, and use aloe vera.

I love this site, and I love the information! Good to meet ya.

updated by @carina-nicole: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i love this intro!

and congrats on a whole new happier experience

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I know what you mean, I wanted perfect-looking dreads, and then after seeing this site and looking at people's unique-looking dreads, I don't care for perfect ones anymore. I love how crazy they can be when they're forming; it's definitely an interesting process to go through.

Camilla
@camilla
12 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for your text ! :)

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

Crazy dreads for the win! :-)

Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

crazy dreads and messy hair! yeeeah!

thanks to everyone who replied. nice to meet ya'll!

Dislike 2

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form