Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

brand new, could use some tips if anyones willing to help thanks

Adam Messier
@adam-messier
12 years ago
10 posts

good to know and thats sickk, they just start forming even without putting sections in?

and i swim monday-saturday i wear a cap though so it gets a little damp when practice is finished

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

let it dry in the sun if you can afterwards. that's the best method for drying. You could use a blow drier if it's too cold to hand outside. If you dry with a towel, don't run your head. Just squeeze the water out and then pat it dry. If you rub your head you'll be undoing the knots and tangles

Adam Messier
@adam-messier
12 years ago
10 posts

ohkk i think using a blow drier is easiest unless its nice out some days lol

and they'll start to form their own sections as well?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yup sure will

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adam Messier
@adam-messier
12 years ago
10 posts

awesome! now i have theneutrogenaresidue free shampoo should i be using that as i was my hair?

also im assuming i should be wearing my cap everytime i swim or does it matter that theyll be getting wet even without a wash that day.

finally my hairs just about 3 inches itll stilll dread during these next few months correct?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd advise against neutrogena. Even if it says residue free, it's probably got other chemicals in there that you don't want in your hair. Those name brands tend to be made to make your hair shiny and such. Theingredientsthat do this are not necessary for locks.

Yes, wear your cap. On the days you don't wash your hair, you don't want to get t wet at all, or as much as possible. If it gets wet, dry it off really well. It should never be wet for days on end. That causes mold and mildew.

3 inches is really short. It will start to tangle and separate into sections, but it'll be a little while till you see real progress

Adam Messier
@adam-messier
12 years ago
10 posts

altightyyy, any other shampoos i can use becides the homemade ones? and yea i don't want mold

i just cant wait for these babies to grow in so excited thanks for the help xD

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

these are the best www.dreadlockshampoo.com

--
Adam Messier
@adam-messier
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks man helps alot! just one more question, when i was do i scrub my hair like i do normally

and can i still wear beanies around or will it slow the process down

updated by @adam-messier: 07/10/15 12:17:30AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tight beanies will hurt loose tams will help..especialy wool ones

no if u use sghampoo use fingertips to scrub the scalp only ignore the hair rinse it thry the hair

if u use baking soda pour on soak rinse no scrubbing at all

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form