Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Couple day old "dreads". Short/straight hair. Need feedback.

Eric Seitz
@eric-seitz
13 years ago
3 posts

I used to have long dreads when I was a teeneage and cut them off a couple years ago. I've started some new ones a couple days ago but my hair is really short. < and > 3inches. I dont like the look of dreads that have had any wax in them and prefer the softer look with some loose hair (which is not what I had back then :p). I did the wool hat rub and ripntwist method on the bangs, sides, and top. But I dont feel like the hair on the back, and back/side are long enough at this point. Im not going to use wax and can live with not washing them frequently at this point except to get rid of any extra oils.
So far im happy with them, but obviously they stick straight up for now. Ill finish the other dreads in the back once they get a tad longer.
Anybody have any experience with starting dreads with really short hair and have any pointers. When I did it before my hair was longer than 6 inches, but im testing this out to see how it works.
stay cool

ps. here are my couple day old "dreads". The back of my head and side arent done yet.

updated by @eric-seitz: 01/13/15 09:15:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother wool rubbing or tnr just stop combing and let em dread but u do jneed ,=more length those wont stay in im sure mine started about that length lil longer in back the back maybe was 4 inches top 3 and it dreaded itself but the back dreaded 1st and i had beads in em which helped

i dont think u got near enough in back to do anything with yet

so let em grow and dread asthey frow

but u dont gotta wash infrequently

u can wash every couple to few days and that will help em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eric Seitz
@eric-seitz
13 years ago
3 posts

coolio. thanks for the tips.

Dislike 0