Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

curious

Noelle Christine Stewart
@noelle-christine-stewart
13 years ago
1 posts

well i have wanted dreads for years and back about 5 years ago i started looking into the wax products and stuff. then i found this site about 1.5 years ago and then became confused on whether or not to use wax. i had people telling me it's the only way to dread and they used it and other people telling me horror stories about their dreads falling off when they sleep because they didn't use wax. and now i'm to the point of i want dreads but i'm terrified of getting them. i don't want my dreads to fall off. i don't want my dreads to mold on the inside (another horror story i was told about). i don't want to get bugs in my dreads. but i do want them. but i also have family telling me but you look so pretty why ruin your hair....it's all so confusing. so any advice? has your dreads ever fell out, mold, became bug infested, ruined your life, etc..?????

updated by @noelle-christine-stewart: 01/13/15 09:11:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive grown my dreads 21 years i got bugs once in 21 years i never ever ever used wax and never will and anyone who says u should knows nothing at all

wax is evil

never had a dread fall off except the ends im in a wheelchair my dreads are a foort or more longer then my body they wrap around axels they get run over stepped on they take abuse i spend alotta time in the wilderness hey get snagged on stuff so the ends have weakened in spots and have losrt a foot at most off the ends

dreads breaking off is from over maintaining crochet twisting excessive palm ri=ol,ling etc

the less u do the better

dreads have enhanced my lidfe in so many magical ways id never want to be withouit my dreads ever

mold ..i did have an issue twice 1 time from too big of beads and 1 time from putting a hat on with wet dreads thar time just sun dryingh the next day fixed it the time with the beads i had to do a white vinager/lavender soak

the other time i was in arkansas in the forrest it was hot and muddy my dreads were caked i n mud every day so every day id be in a muddy river demi=udding and then the 1 day soon as i got out it rained for like 12 hours (flooding) and i put my hat on to keep my dreads out of the mud..big mistake..haha

u will love dreading

oh

tips

go natural

stop combing let it dread no waxc no backcombing no nothuing let it happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your sticky icky waxy headed freinds show rthem this and tell them they are 1000000% wrong about hair not dreading without wax

in fact wax only makes it look dreaded but prevents it dfrom ever dreading

wax is just gross

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form