Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie-starting natural towel rub Dreads

Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Bless up everybody! My name is Andre' aka Drebeats. I've started to let my hair grow and no more haircuts on sept13th. I only wash my hair daily since then with just water. I've been towel rubbing my hair. My hair is very low since I last cut it over 2 weeks ago very low. I've been cutting my hair very low to none for years but now I will set myself free and my hair by the way of natural freeforming via towel rub. No shampoos or wax or gels etc. Just been washing my hair with water and drying/towel rubbing. Any info or tip shared is gratefully appreciate. I have some questions on how long I should be rubbing and when? Morning? Night? Both? All day? ;) I've been rubbing in the morning for a few mins and at night but tend to thru out the day rub my head/hair clockwise with the palm of my hand! Lol. I feel the texture changing daily and my hair feeling more waving and tiny stubs not forming yet but feel them again my hair is still like a 1/4 inch high... If that! Light and guidance is appreciated. One Love! RASPEKT!
updated by @andre: 01/13/15 09:11:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would bnot bother rubbing at all your only going to create a knbotty ness as in a general knottyness all over that then needs to be ripped into dreads which u dont have long enough hair to rip apaert so u can end up with just a huge dread

stop rubbing start washing

u want to wash art least weekly just with a dread freindly soap or the baking soda deep cleanse

clean hair dreads best

so just wash and wait and watch it dread as it f=grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Thank you! Yes I wasnt sure if starting this early is better for separation of baby dreads to grow but I was mistaken. I guess... But that's why I'm here is to learn apply and grow like my dreads. Thank you for your advice and I will stop rubbing and continue to wash my hair and use BS. As my hair grows I will reach out...so my hair should just start to dread on it's own and then I should towel rub? At what length would u advise I start towel rubbing!So is daily water washing good and once weekly deep BS cleanse good? Or should I not wash with water so much and just BS cleanse weekly? RASPEKT!

soaring eagle said:

i would bnot bother rubbing at all your only going to create a knbotty ness as in a general knottyness all over that then needs to be ripped into dreads which u dont have long enough hair to rip apaert so u can end up with just a huge dread

stop rubbing start washing

u want to wash art least weekly just with a dread freindly soap or the baking soda deep cleanse

clean hair dreads best

so just wash and wait and watch it dread as it f=grows

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres never any reason to towel rub..at all

u can do daily watter but dont gotta when they dread u wont want to wet enm every day so might as well ge used to every 2 or 3 days

as they grow they will just dread they may (probably will) try to grow together or congo and look something like this

if you dont want them all growing together then start seperating as they start to (rastas generaly let the dreads dread any ol way they want even if they get 1 huge dread)

seperating is kinda recomended if your not vow bound to leave em be completely cause too thick can cause painful yuneven pulling can take days to dry and be hard to clean

so as it dreads u can choose to seperate so they dont combine

u can let some combine to thicken yup keeping in mind they do thucken as tghey mature so judge the finnished size by the area of the roots coming from the scalp

so if u have a 1/2 inch dread the roots are an inch and that combines with another the same size the result will be eventualy almost as thick as your wrist

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Thank you brother! Very helpful and guidance for me. I do want natural with no additives ;) and yes! I do not want to Congo my dreads and I will separate as the grow... I've been reading and looking up natural methods and I thought towel rubbing was the way to have them start to grow separate but I guess naturally they do an as roots,which they are they will tend to want to join and Congo naturally with the surrounding ones. But I will separate as they grow. I will wash my head 2-3days apart and implement the BS cleanse weekly! I will maintain the link and share throughout my journey and others! This site is great.. I feel so much more comfort more than ever in my decision... Much love and thanks brethren! RASPEKT!

soaring eagle said:

u can do daily watter but dont gotta when they dread u wont want to wet enm every day so might as well ge used to every 2 or 3 days

as they grow they will just dread they may (probably will) try to grow together or congo and look something like this

if you dont want them all growing together then start seperating as they start to (rastas generaly let the dreads dread any ol way they want even if they get 1 huge dread)

seperating is kinda recomended if your not vow bound to leave em be completely cause too thick can cause painful yuneven pulling can take days to dry and be hard to clean

u can let some combine to thicken yup keeping in mind they do thucken as tghey mature so judge the finnished size by the area of the roots coming from the scalp

so if u have a 1/2 inch dread the roots are an inch and that combines with another the same size the result will be eventualy almost as thick as your wrist

updated by @andre: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
I'm back :)... Just wanted to ask now I'm abandoning the towel rub and strictly washing 2-3days and cleansing BS at least once a week. Now when I dry my hair with a towel i shouldn't be concerned with clockwise rub and so on right? I should just dry my hair in any direction? Just want to gain knowledge and grow from here! Thanks!

Andre' said:
Thank you brother! Very helpful and guidance for me. I do want natural with no additives ;) and yes! I do not want to Congo my dreads and I will separate as the grow... I've been reading and looking up natural methods and I thought towel rubbing was the way to have them start to grow separate but I guess naturally they do an as roots,which they are they will tend to want to join and Congo naturally with the surrounding ones. But I will separate as they grow. I will wash my head 2-3days apart and implement the BS cleanse weekly! I will maintain the link and share throughout my journey and others! This site is great.. I feel so much more comfort more than ever in my decision... Much love and thanks brethren! RASPEKT!

soaring eagle said:

updated by @andre: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form