Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Some questions here!

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Hey my friends! Here Gabriel from Qubec, i began to learn information about dreadz for a while. I really like that. But now I have some questions for you

1-To clean the hair, i read about the back soda method and some say that adding essential oil is good to make it smell nice. So I went to buy some essentiel oil and all the essential oil, even the smaller, was like 10$ each. Is that normal? Is there any alternative to oil?

2-I want dreads for the natural aspect of it. My idol are the sadhu that live in the nature and get dreads by just almost forget they have dreadlocks. That bring me to the question: I read we can clean our dreadlocks with only water, nothing else. What the consequences of it? will our dreads smell bad? are they gonna have the same aspect?

3- I also heard that the best nomber of time of cleaning our dreads is between 1 to 3 by week. What does it change if we clean them more often that that or less often?

4-I heard that when Bob marley died, bugs were found in his dreadlocks? why? Was it because he want washing his hair?

5- I never hear about beard dreadlocks. Is it like normal hair? the beards nedd to be how long to begin the dreads?

Thanks a lot !

updated by @gabriel-beauchemin: 02/14/15 09:02:21AM
KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

Just using water really won't clean your dreads. Your hair will still be oily and it won't remove anything. Essential Oils usually are pretty expensive which is why I made my own. I used Canola Oil but vegetable works too. I made rosemary but if you'd prefer other herbs or a mixture it works the same. Heat up the stove. Pour oil into a pot (as much as you want to make) and turn the burner down to medium heat. Put your herbs in the pot and let it cook until they lose their color. Turn the burner off and allow the herbs to soak in. (A good 20-30 minutes is good) Then strain the oil into a bowl or another pot and repeat the process until you're happy with it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

that makes infusions not essential oils

not the samne thing

1 esential oils semell nice but they are used as medicine not scent they are used to treat conditions like dandruff hget them here http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index.php?AID=122110&BID=10109 10 5 they are different prices but u only use dri]ops so they last months

2 some ppl wash with only water but that wont remove much dirt or oils i wouldnt recomend

3 it if u wash more theres less itch theyre cleaner but might be fuzzier

4 bob marley having bugs was an urban legend it was not true black ppl are naturaly resistent to bugs and rarely get em but anyhone can get bugs dreads or not wash or not especialy if yoir around kid s but u can get rid of bufgs easy

5 beardss dread like any hair any hair needs lengtgh to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Thanks you! Knoty princess, i will try to make myself oil.

i asked you about washing dreads only with water because the indian sadhu, which are a big influence for me, live without home and moneeso they cant clean their hair with any kind of shampoo or anything but they still have really beautifull dreadlocks as you cna see on my pictures.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant make esential oils that way only infusions which are very diferent...and will leave yoir hair oily

--
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

okok but I mean if i ntegrate the ''infusion'' in backing soda and in the vinegar (for the conditionnar) would it be ok?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont have the same medicinal effect to be effective u would need alot more and then youd be akll oily and it wont dread thats why u want essential oils and only use a few drops they are extremely powerful

--
KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

What do they put in essential oil to make it have a medicinal effect? Maybe I can add it to my recipe!

soaring eagle said:

it wont have the same medicinal effect to be effective u would need alot more and then youd be akll oily and it wont dread thats why u want essential oils and only use a few drops they are extremely powerful

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not what is put in its the process they go through to make em

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

this explains the different processes

and it really is easier to just buy them unless your planning on producing mass quantities to sell

http://www.simplers.com/essential-oil/production/index.htm

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form