Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just started my dreads 1 week ago!

Angel De La Riva
@angel-de-la-riva
13 years ago
5 posts

Well technically 8 days but hey, who's counting? I've washed my hair twice since then including today. Using baking soda and water until my Maylees Garden gets here. Kind of separates my hair a little bit though .My hair is REALLY thin, people actually think I'm going bald even though I'm only 21. Some of my friends and family think I'm weird and dirty for doing it but once I explain the process then they're ok with it and understand.I'm doing natural for now but a friend of mine really wants to twist and rip it and I might let her since I'm not very patient lol. I just have a couple quick questions. If I do decide to TnR, should I use those little rubber bands? How long do I keep them in?

updated by @angel-de-la-riva: 02/14/15 11:13:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id stick to natural awhile longer abnd see

if u do y u can use em to seperate but why bother wu=ith hair so thin seperatings a breeze i would not leave em in longer then a day..or 2 max

i wouldnt at all really tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

welcome to the site! my hair is pretty thin, too. i'm coming up on a year of going natural. if you t&r then you wont need rubber bands. some people think it helps keep the ends together but really all that does it prevent them from loosening and adjusting so they can knot.

Angel De La Riva
@angel-de-la-riva
13 years ago
5 posts

Cool thanks! I'll try to keep you guys posted on my progress

Seymour
@seymour
13 years ago
4 posts

Dude! My hair is really fine and I have dark hair so I've always looked like I was balding if my hair wasn't parted perfectly, I've still never really combed my hair sincesophomore year in HS. lol I stopped shaving my head a year ago and stopped using residue leaving shampoos 2 months ago. The first month and a 1/4 I was using diluted Dr. B peppermint liquid, I used BS and APV for 2wks, (hair wasn't doing much during BS). My hair isn't real long, to my shoulders in back and my bangs are past my lips, since switching to full strength Dr. B my hair has started locking up a bunch more in the last couple weeks even with hard water. Try fullstrength Dr. B

Seymour
@seymour
13 years ago
4 posts

Since I've switched to full strength I have not salt water soaked my hair, I did alot before, but my hair still seems to be locking best just with Dr.b, I might need to try the salt soak b4, the DR. b, I just felt all the other was too much work and since I was already putting full strength on myloofah when I showered I was just going to wash my hair with it too. I love how refreshed and clean I feel even when hung over peppermint soap leaves me lol

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i emailed dr. bronners and asked them how to wash hair with their liquid soap. they said to not dilute it for hair washing. just use a small amount on wet hair. i just wish it didn't leave my hair a sticky, slimy mess:(

Seymour said:

Since I've switched to full strength I have not salt water soaked my hair, I did alot before, but my hair still seems to be locking best just with Dr.b, I might need to try the salt soak b4, the DR. b, I just felt all the other was too much work and since I was already putting full strength on myloofah when I showered I was just going to wash my hair with it too. I love how refreshed and clean I feel even when hung over peppermint soap leaves me lol

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Welcome! I'd suggest you just stay with natural for a couple of months, you might be surprised how fast hair can lock.

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

I dilute Dr B's anyway. I've also read somewhere that the quality of local tap water can make Dr B soap hard to rinse out. Could this be a factor in the way it leaves your hair?

Heather said:

i emailed dr. bronners and asked them how to wash hair with their liquid soap. they said to not dilute it for hair washing. just use a small amount on wet hair. i just wish it didn't leave my hair a sticky, slimy mess:(

Seymour said:

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

yes. i have terrible hard water. they also said that people with oily hair should use the liquid and those with dry hair should use the bar. i tried the bar recently and it made my hair soft. i tried it again today but did a rinse of bs and distilled water after and i didn't have any residue. i don't know. i was just trying to find something simple that left my hair dry enough to knot better. even after almost a year i'm still battling my hairs softness.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form