Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

eenie meenie miney moe...keep my locks or letem go?

ilovesarah
@ilovesarah
13 years ago
8 posts

HELP! I'm going on my 9th month and thinking, if I want to savage any hair I have left I need to take them out now instead of waiting until it's too late. I love them! I hate them! I don't know what to do with them! I cried after dreaming my hair was normal again. I feel less pretty and my confidence has lowered. I feel rejected by so many people. They're so messy too! I thought they'd be looking nicer by now. Do they get better? They're so lumpy and bumpy everywhere.

I just started a two-year physical therapy program. Will this hinder me from getting the job I want in two years? If so I'll have to cut em all off and get a pixie cut. I HATE SHORT HAIR ON ME! So I need to make a decision. Show a girl some love guys eh?

updated by @ilovesarah: 01/13/15 09:09:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are you ..hormonal maybe pregnant or anything by any chance cause it seems to mr your having a hormonal responce because my god your beautiful theyrebeautiful they will not limmit you when you graduate they do get better but they should be lumpy and bumpuy thats what gives them the beauty

question when u go out do u cover thenm or let them fly with pride

u need to let em down go out and shine smile dance hold your headhigh and get a bigg ol ego boost from all the omg i love yoir hair comments u get

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

post some pictures ..pictutes pictures pictures

be proud of your dreads the more u love them the more they love you

dont hide em show em off

you wuill feel beautiful when you let yourself feel beautiful

so lets see that bright beautiful you

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Well, here is what I will say...I am going on 15 months now. So, I am a bit ahead of you. My hair took 8 mos. to have even one knot. Now, I am almost completely dreaded (except for one long chunk that hangs down and makes me look like I have a tail!). I am past the the point of being able to comb them out. Sometimes, that fact frightens me...especially because I think they are going through an ugly stage right now. I have HUGE bumps on almost every dread and then about an inch or so of regular looking hair on the ends. My hair has shrunk up to nothing as well, so it is hard to do anything except accept them. I understand your conflict. I will also add though, that I almost can't remember what "regular" hair was like. Being a hairstylist for 31 years, my hair played a big part of who I thought I was. I may be paranoid, but I see the looks I get sometimes, and after taking pride in my hair for so long...it hurts. I feel ugly many days...but somehow, this bumpy, weird hair is a part of me too...like my tattoos. I guess I am too stubborn to give up...or maybe, I realize that I started this journey for a reason...and I want to stick around to see where it takes me. Much love and (((HUGS)))...you will do what you are lead to do <3

runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts

I have to agree with SE, you are beautiful and your dreads look awesome for the short time you had them. I'll just put in my 2 cents and take them for what they're worth. I am now entering my 15th month...My timeline where I wanted them to be where I thought they would look how I wanted them to look was 1 year. Well that time came and went and I got frustrated when they didn't look the way I wanted them too. As patient as I was that whole time I thought..."damn all that for nothing." Time trickled on and they got tighter and tighter and less messy. They do what they do. Some are still not joining their brethern and feel content to stay a loose hair flowing in the wind. I have grown to love them and I look at them as part of me. I've had short hair, I've had long hair, but was always infatuated with dreads. Finally I did what I wanted, not what society seems to accept and I love'em. I am a teacher and have been for over 10 years. I am what some people would call a professional. Does it change how I teach or how I treat my children...nope. So groups of teachers talk about my hair and how ridiculous they think it looks. Yep, so I stay out of the gossip room (teacher's lounge). People are going to be judgemental...not everyone, but many will be. You have to be proud of who you are, what you do and how you treat others. You should never worry about what other people think or say. For too many years I tried to fit into the category or mold most people in society accept and I wasn't a happy person. I have learned patience, freedom and that I can not make others happy if I'm not. Whatever path you take....Walk PROUD!!!! Happy Journey!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

we need a like button for replies :)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form