Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for someone to Twist and Rip me! ^.^ happy to pay for good work.

Astrid Genetrix
@astrid-genetrix
13 years ago
2 posts

i wasn't sure what section this should go in, so i figured i'd post it by way of greeting. if there's somewhere that would be a better location for it, by all means, feel free to move it there.

Howdy.

i'm hoping to get my 'locks started, but i've been unable to find ANYONE in my area that knew how to do it. After 6 months of messy hair with no significant evidence of natural locking, and one disastrous attempt of my own, i'm dead set on getting a proper twist and rip to start them off.

i'm in Virginia at the moment, going to be bouncing around between here and all over Ohio over the next 2 months, so if any of you beautiful people will be anywhere around there, and could help, i'd be more than willing to pay for your time and effort.

Thanks for reading.

updated by @astrid-genetrix: 01/13/15 09:07:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

left hand meet right hand right hand say hello to lefty

ow you two work out an agreeable price

and cooperate with eachother to get the job done

if it helps ill give ya 2 minuytes instruction and thats all u need to do it right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Astrid Genetrix
@astrid-genetrix
13 years ago
2 posts

Erm, no, but thank you for the offer. i did a few months of youtubing/studying the explanations here while i was considering, and, as i said, made an attempt already - it did not go well. To avoid further complications i'm pretty dead-set on letting someone with prior experience do it.

soaring eagle said:

left hand meet right hand right hand say hello to lefty

ow you two work out an agreeable price

and cooperate with eachother to get the job done

if it helps ill give ya 2 minuytes instruction and thats all u need to do it right

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how did it "not go well" im sure with 2 minutes instruction u can do it perfectly fine but 1st lets here what u n=mean by not went well cauise chances are it was just fine

--
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

Most of the twist and rip dreads I've heard of unravel anyways. I did mine 10 days ago, and I did them tight, they're all unraveling. But they are locking up as they are unravel.

And if by some chance you come through my way, I'd be happy to help you out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats my point it doesnt mater how u do em how much u think it did not go well if u would have let em go from there on they would have been just fine

u really do not need to know what your doing

u do not need to do them well

it still will work out fine

--
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
i did my own. i didnt really know what i was doing. i did lots of research first, but no amount of research equals just jumping in and doing it. theres something satisfying about doing it yourself. they carry the energy and love you put into them. mine unraveled most of the way but they all knotted about halfway down. from there ive just kept them sectioned. adding beads here and there. they are getting better every day. im now a month into my journey and glad i did them myself :) blessings.
Steve
@steve
13 years ago
2 posts

I twisted and ripped mine myself (but spent a loooong time doing it) and mine have stayed in really well. however, I wished I had just gone the natural way and let it dread itself.

Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

I am in Michigan but could twist and rip your dreads for you if you wanted to meet up. You don't have to pay me :)

I just like making new friends and if you need help TnR'ing your dreads why shouldn't someone help you?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

but iu do not want to repeatedly tnr them just leave em be they'kll loosen but be fine

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form