Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing out soap residue

Rex2
@rex2
13 years ago
2 posts
i washed with dr bronners organic bar soap for over a year and started to notice a soapy residue smell, so i stopped washing with it and have been using only water.i would like to discuss different ways to wash it out, and different things i can wash with regularly afterwards. i have heard of vinegar or other natural acids to break it down, but i think those might kinda bleach my hair.
updated by @rex2: 01/13/15 09:06:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

vinager will not bleach your hair but baking soda will slowly remove UNNATURAL haitr color from dyes and such

if you have natural hair coli=or its safe

but its not the soap thats the issue its your water

so but some distilled water rinse with that

u can use something like nutragena clarifying shampoo tro remove residues with hard water too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rex2
@rex2
13 years ago
2 posts
cool i guess i will try all three out over some time. so dr bronners is ok to use? it seemed like it dried up my scalp and caused itching and dandrif.i will go get some distilled water. im interested to hear i can use nutragena clarifying shampoo, i thought i was supposed to stay away from regular shampoos. do you recommend using it only to remove the residue or could i use it regularly. thanks for the info i like the site allot so far!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id say use it to remove residues some use it diluted as a dread shapmpoo bronners is amazing if u fdont have hard water but the liquids better and should be diluted a hell of alot..12 times more water

try thre baking soda deep cleanse hough that with hernbs will drat dry scalp and leave u super clean

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form