Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey Everyone!

Jay Em
@jay-em
13 years ago
5 posts
Hello everyone! This is such an awesome, insightful site! I'm glad I found it! Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have forever wanted to get dreads and am finally in a position to do just that. Unfortunately, I am completely clueless as to how to get started. If someone could drop me a line and let me know the first step or point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful!!!
updated by @jay-em: 02/14/15 02:25:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lose your comb throw out yoir conditioner

there ya started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jay Em
@jay-em
13 years ago
5 posts
Indeed, I shall stop combing the hair, but I haven't used conditioner or shampoo in the longest time, but my hair continues to stay soft. Is that going to be a problem? Should I refrain from finger combing? Which is something I tend to do as a habit. Can I still get my hair wet?

soaring eagle said:

lose your comb throw out yoir conditioner

there ya started

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u want to wash washing helps try the baking soda and add sea salt to it and yea finger combing is combing keep the hands out of it and wear a wool tam wool helps so does sea salt sprays and a am will keep your fingers out of your hair

--
Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts

If you touch/twist/play with them a lot, you're taking away their freedom. And they need ot be free in order to lock up. The only time I'd recommend touching is to separate them in the beginning, when they are still finding their way and trying to befriend neighbouring hair/dreads.

And patience is really the key to success (: try to forget about them and enjoy your day to day life!

Jay Em
@jay-em
13 years ago
5 posts
Indeed, thanks for the advice. Today was the first day I didn't comb my hair, and I've been doing my best to keep my hands of my scalp. You said the hair needs to be free....I sometimes sport a bandanna to work to keep the sweat out of my eyes, will this hinder them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
slightly but not significantly unless its tight and u smooth the hair pushig it back u might wanna switch to a wool tam wich will help it dread

--
Jay Em
@jay-em
13 years ago
5 posts
Now, when I get out of the shower, do I want to vigorously dry my hair? Or just pat it dry? Or does it not matter? 10 days of not combing!
Casper
@casper
13 years ago
46 posts
theres many ways of doing it.they're explaining the natural way.i used twist and rip method.took me a total of 10 hours of work on 6 inches of hair.research.thats all i can tell yuu.make sure yuu want them.look at ur life, job, etc.make sure it wont conflict with any of the above.

Jay Em said:
Now, when I get out of the shower, do I want to vigorously dry my hair? Or just pat it dry? Or does it not matter? 10 days of not combing!
Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts

Natural method keeps them healthy and is a good start for having dreads many years without mold or other unwanted trash build up in your hair.

About drying, It's better to pat them dry, since hair is more fragile when wet and vigorous rubbing isn't good, dreaded or not. I would recommend drying them a little with a towel (so that it isn't dripping anymore) and then let them air dry. In case where you had taken a shower in the evening, dry them with the blower. Better to damage them a little with the blower, than to have moldy dreads ;)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form