Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what to do?

Brian Aurthur
@brian-aurthur
13 years ago
4 posts

just got my hair twisted 5 day's ago and im just wondering when is it okay to start washing it?

updated by @brian-aurthur: 01/13/15 09:04:05PM
Brian Aurthur
@brian-aurthur
13 years ago
4 posts

Thanks. Also, I've sweated out alot of the locking wax, my hair doesn't feeltolocked up anymore..would itbe okayto but holding wax into my hair or should i just get re-twisted and let itlock fullybefore proceeding to holding wax??
Danii Dean said:

If it feels like you need to wash it... wash it. Washing helps the process. Wash as often as you have to :)
Ferret
@ferret
13 years ago
10 posts

How much wax did you use? If you used wax as your main method of holding you might have to pull/comb them out. Too much wax prevents the hair fibers from shifting around and locking together. The loosening is good it means the wax is coming out and the fibers are trying to shift. I wouldn't add any more wax to your dreads. Give them at least a month before you try anything drastic with them and wash your hair every 3-4 days(there is no reason not to wash).

Remember there is no instant dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

neither u want to remove wax and never retwist wax prevents dreading u have to remove all wax and your only 5 days in thety should not feel locked up locvked up at 5 days means caked in wax wax imintsates dreading it never really dreads the wax must be removed then no twuisting just leave them alone to dread

your probly best off combuing them out removing the wax then letting them dread

wax is pure evil in dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brian Aurthur
@brian-aurthur
13 years ago
4 posts

Okay thank you.. well i have african american hair. do you still not recommend wax? I'm from an community with VERY little dread heads around andi don't know what to do. i went to an real african hair salon and told her im looking for dreads. whatever the lady used to twist my hair with, i don't know. your site offers alot of imformation and i've been readingalot of itbut most info seems for caucasian hair.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form