Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just a few questions about dreads :3

tyler chid
@tyler-chid
13 years ago
2 posts

Hello! To get things started I am 16 and have about shoulder length hair. My hair is also very thick.
My parents aren't on the same page with me about dreadlocks. They tell me that only stoners and homless people have them. Is there any way I could talk to them and possibly remove theirstereotypesaboutthis?

Next, I was looking into the natural method of dreading. The only problem is my family lives on a farm and until I get a job I have to work there which requires me to wash my hair daily. Would this be a problem for starting this form of dreading? I will be getting a job off of their farm in a few weeks if so.

Finally, where would I be able to find residue free shampoo? What are some brands of this kind of shampoo? Or if making it at home is possible can I please have arecipe?

Thank you in advance to any help you can give. :)

updated by @tyler-chid: 01/13/15 09:03:26PM
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
13 years ago
80 posts
Well 1st off, I have dreads and I don't do drugs, or smoke cigarettes, and hardly drink, and I am not homeless! I have kept a job for years! But I do get stereotyped all the time, SO you will just have to stand up for your self and your beliefs. As far as washing your hair every day, try to wear a tam when you are working on the farm and use tea tree oil, and you could wash your hair gently every other day. I started off using Dr. Bronner's liquid soap diluted, and sea salt spray. You can find it at a health food store, or Wegman's or online. A lot of people use baking soda, and I use that as well, so that could always work for you too! Good luck with everything!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i emailed u with lotsa info for your parents we have many on here with phds your parents live on a farm..im guessing they dont have phds

but u can wash with baking soda and vinager from your kitchen just search the site for a recipie

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tyler chid
@tyler-chid
13 years ago
2 posts
Thank you both for your help. And also thanks for the help with my parents, my mom is considering letting me and I still have to talk to my father.

No they don't have phds lol neither of them went to college
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i figured we had way more successful dreads on here

we have some truly briliant people on here highly educated and successful

as well a several clergy ministers preists etc

i do smoke weed myself..olike once ior twice every 3 months..

3-5 maybe 10 hits at a time

very very lil

never touch nothing else not even pain meds even tho in constant pain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form