Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Eseential oils, which do what?

westtxasmber
@westtxasmber
13 years ago
8 posts
So I'm reading a lot about how many of you use essential oils, but I thought it would be nice to know whats out there and what it does. Any input is appreciated :)
updated by @westtxasmber: 01/13/15 08:58:28PM
westtxasmber
@westtxasmber
13 years ago
8 posts

also i found this product online im not spamming to sell it...just curious if the oils included we do me justice? also has anyone used oils from this company? they claim to be 100% organic and pure according to the web site...anyways heres the link

http://www.brambleberry.com/Essential-Oils-Sampler-Kit-1-sampler-kit-P4399.aspx

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

never used em but some are useful others not so sure about

ok 1st off most esential oils have dozens of efects some more useful then others so ill only include the effects relevant to dread care

1. teatree teatree is anticeptic kills germs and bacteria that cause some dandruff teatree also prevents lice
  2. rosemary rosemary is excelent for dandruff and overall hair scalp health may help hair grow faster thicker stronger
  3. pepermint pepermint some say helps dandruff i always thought it only cooled the itch without effecting the cause but now not so sure since using iot with teatree and rosemary my dandrufs nearly non existent but it does cool itches too
  4. lavander smells nice and kills mold spores
  5. lemongrass anticeptic antifungul and also prevents bugs keeping bugs away smells wonderful

other useful oils (non esential)

• jojoba the best conditioner since its very close to natural hair/scalp oils
  • africas best hair oils these are especialy good for african dreads or mature dreads but tend to be a lil too thick and viscouse for use all the time its easuy to over use and cause sticky buildup but when u really need a good moisture quench this stuff is great..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
westtxasmber
@westtxasmber
13 years ago
8 posts
ok great! thanks! now im wondering where i can go to find these oils that would be organic and pure...is that best done online?
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Save yourself shipping charges and check your local natural foods store. I just picked up some fairly large bottles of Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil & Peppermint Oil today, from my local Health Foods store. If there isn't a local health foods store, try a regular grocery store, in their health food section. Sometimes you can find Essential Oils there.

westtxasmber said:
ok great! thanks! now im wondering where i can go to find these oils that would be organic and pure...is that best done online?
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
I would go with the company mountain rose herbs. They're one of the few (out of hundreds) that sell true 100% non-diluted essential oils. I suggest avoiding NOW brand oils out of all of them. They like to use imitation species of the plants and their supplier dilutes the oils so much that it's a joke. Might as well pay the shipping to get it from a company that gives you real plant oils, right?
westtxasmber
@westtxasmber
13 years ago
8 posts
thanks for all the advice...gonna see what the local health food store has to offer... :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thsts exactly who ive been getting mine from most of the time lately and yea thay have good quality stuff

i know 1 of the top herbology teachers in the world (his schol gets 100,000 applications but takes only 9-12 students and the students must treat people at calm at a gathering to graduate)

i believe when he doesnt make his own he usualy has mountain rose in stock

i have cme accross poor quality psudo essential oils before and definatly mountain rose stuff has worked way better for me

3 thumbs up (wherever u wanna put those thumbs)

Clayton said:

I would go with the company mountain rose herbs. They're one of the few (out of hundreds) that sell true 100% non-diluted essential oils. I suggest avoiding NOW brand oils out of all of them. They like to use imitation species of the plants and their supplier dilutes the oils so much that it's a joke. Might as well pay the shipping to get it from a company that gives you real plant oils, right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form