Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day 1 starts...NOW!

KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

So after much reading and careful planning, I am deciding to go the natural way, startingtoday. From my limited understanding, other than thethe speical instructions found here to wash your hair, I just let my hair do its own thing each day and let the dreads form however they form.

Assuming that is correct, my first question is in regards to congos...Is it a personal preference to seperate them when you are first starting out? I would think seperating them is against the natural process of letting your dreads form however they want to form?

Is there anything I am missing or any advice for someone just starting?

Looking forward tobeing a part of thisgreat community!

updated by @kafkax: 01/13/15 08:57:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well

some ppl choose to let them form completely at will like look in membersfor hummingbird love goirrilla thats totaly letting them do what they want

u may end up with 1 mega dread that can cause issues

seperations a giod idea at least till mature then seperate only the ones getting too huge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

Welcome to the site!

On the congo question, I would say it is natural, seeing as if humans still lived in nature, the locks would be separated by many different factors, considering the active and mobile lifestyle associated with wild-living (examples: tree branches snagging your hair, water-contact and swimming, river fording, natural movement of the head, etc.). Also consider that humans are natural groomers, much like apes and cats. E.g., of course it's natural. It also prevents too large of locks forming, which can be painful to the scalp and be so difficult to dry that mildew develops in the cores.

KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

Thank you both for your input! I will use my judgement and step in and seperate them, Im just alittle unclear when to start seperating them...Do I wait until they *start* to look like dreadsor do I start seperating even earlier, like when the hair is just starting to knot, not neccesarily looking like a dread...(I hope that question made sense)

Also,is it ok to have my hair tied back during this process?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well if u tie back do it loosely anf gently u can but id try not to

and well 1st u will see sectiioning then the sections start to knot

seperate when u lift 1 section and another comes up with it

or

if a section (at the roots) is too big

if theyre trying to eat eachother at the roots

generaly u can wait till there some knotting at least cause if theres no knotting in the dreads theres not gonna be much knotting between dreads eithee

but if u tie em back alot 10 dreads can become 1 semi quickly

helped a new membver seperate 14 dreds last night ..they were only a month or 2 old (crochetted) but she tied em back alot so 14 dreads became 1 bif flat mess

wich had to be surgicly cut apart cause was already beyond hope of ripping apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts
Gotcha, thanks SoaringEagle!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form