Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How would I look

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
I'm pretty biased as well. In my opinion, anyone would look good with locks. I think it's beautiful athing. :) And p.s. I had mine backcombed to start and I happened to LOVE the so called "goofy stage" In my opinion, EVERY method, including neglect has a "goofy stage". :) All is good, and to each is own. Yay!
updated by @dreaded-delusion: 07/03/15 06:04:16AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Well, I am going to swim against the tide on this one...you shouldn't have dreads. Instead, go out and get a nice Justin Bieber haircut...so nice and respectable! You would look amazing! Gotcha! Of course you will look great with dreads and I 100% agree with everyone here...more important than how they look is how you feel ...you will find they change your life. Welcome brother...enjoy your journey, there is nothing like it. Namaste.
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Indeed! I totally agree. :) The poofyness was a fun/silly part of the journey and I also found it amusing when I would wake up with a random lock sticking straight up (and it was always a diff one or several) and I would say to my friends "Oh, this guy(referring to my straight up lock)? They take turns telling me which direction to go." :) Nowadays, when I see a new dreadie, (it's typically the backcomb method that started it in the new dreadies I see), they always make me smile and think back to the beginning of my journey and how far I've come, and how awesome it's been you know? Plus, the new dreadies also make me smile because I think the poofy new locks look cute. :):):) but then again, i'm a little "goofy". hehe:)

Knottysleeves said:
THIS, exactly. I think it's kind of cool. And a week or two of poofyness from backcombing is so inconsequential in the long & grand scheme of the journey. ;-)

dreaded delusion said:
And p.s. I had mine backcombed to start and I happened to LOVE the so called "goofy stage" In my opinion, EVERY method, including neglect has a "goofy stage". :) All is good, and to each is own. Yay!
Sam thomson
@sam-thomson
13 years ago
52 posts
Homie its allll bout how you wear them, if ur confidant and happy with them so will a majority of others, if you are pessimistic bout them though then people will feel that and not give u positivity ... Do it for you and not for others judgments (good or bad) and ull b fine
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Why thank you! :) And yes, it definatly does. And you're right, it IS just hair. I always try to tell myself that anytime I have any sort of moment where I'm having a "bad hair day" but in the end, I feel laughter is the best medicine so I try to make it fun and laugh at any situation. :) i like how in whatever stage and method, locks are like an art.Styling them kind of feels like sculpting to me. :)

Knottysleeves said:
I love your philosophy! I'm sure it helped mellow any early frustrations. And hey, dreads are supposed to be fun anyway... not all SRS BIZNESS and worry-inducing. I think all of have moments when we forget that it's just hair, in the grand scheme of things. :-)
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
Dreadlocks build confidence my friend. The longer you can stand one haircut...the more you grow to love yourself, and who you are. :) Goodluck brother.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form