Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions

Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
I know what you mean!! I can't cover mine at work, headwear is not in our dress code, so I have to get creative with headbands, elastics, braids,(although as they lock up my dreads are getting too short to braid anymore), and try to make them less noticeable. It's part of my process I embrace, although it's not my favorite part! I like being able to just leave them down and free!

Heather said:
well since i'm still in the beginning of my journey right now it doesn't even look like i have dreads. it looks more like a big mess. so far no one but my immediate family knows of my journey. i usually have them covered up with a hat or scarf. i can't wait until i can where them as is. i'm a little too self conscious right now.

updated by @medusa: 07/13/15 11:51:02AM
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts

Same here! I was told today no head wraps at work, head bands ok, wearing my hair up is ok, down it looks unprofessional. Time to get creative! My boss did tell me she didn't think I was keeping my hair like this, I had to explain that I was letting it dread and it should be much more tight in a year or so, she thought that was such a long time! Hell, 3 months have almost passed already. Now, was I really just letting my hair get real messy for 3 months so I could spend hours trying to comb it out and go back? No!

People still don't understand today, they have to accept me and my hair or they will lose me. So when I get asked "How long do you plan on keeping your hair like that?" or "What if youwant to take it out?" I answer, "A long time, I don't want to take it out, better get used to it". :) No one tells me how to wear my hair at home, as soon as I leave that office I let them be free!

Medusa said:

I know what you mean!! I can't cover mine at work, headwear is not in our dress code, so I have to get creative with headbands, elastics, braids,(although as they lock up my dreads are getting too short to braid anymore), and try to make them less noticeable. It's part of my process I embrace, although it's not my favorite part! I like being able to just leave them down and free!

Heather said:
well since i'm still in the beginning of my journey right now it doesn't even look like i have dreads. it looks more like a big mess. so far no one but my immediate family knows of my journey. i usually have them covered up with a hat or scarf. i can't wait until i can where them as is. i'm a little too self conscious right now.
Choppah
@choppah
13 years ago
20 posts

Cant blame the people.. Information about dreadlocks should be taught in school in the science class.. you know kids if you stop combing your hair for xx amount of time it will naturally start to knot up.. i didnt know shiat, and when i saw neglect people on youtube i was like, omfg he must have crazy curly hair its not possible for me...

No one in your world was ever told that it was possible, probably

Will Tee Washington
@will-tee-washington
13 years ago
4 posts

I always ask those who ask me about cuttin my Locs off. "What would ya do if they stop makin combs,brush,perms and ect?" I kno my hair will never judge me, so is ya GOD to judge? Everyone should respectand accept a person fo being who they are, not who ya want dem to be. GOD didn't make us tha same and she surly don't make mistakes. Keep lookin beautiful love. 1love1world

lunn
@lunn
13 years ago
22 posts
ive cutt dreads of before im not making the same mistake twice these are going in the ground with me.
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
The other day I got the "OMG! Don't you have to shave your head when you don't want them anymore?!" My response was just simply that I am not concerned with that at this point in my life.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form