Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Another new dreadie

Wild Roots
@wild-roots
14 years ago
14 posts
Thanks for the welcome and dread love Mannie Love! I'm so glad that this site saved my dreadies and yours are looking really awesome too :)
updated by @wild-roots: 07/23/15 03:58:43PM
Wild Roots
@wild-roots
14 years ago
14 posts
Me too...I find the baking soda and acv rinse to work really well with my hair. It's kept my babies feeling clean and soft which really shocked me. Although I do need to find some natural oils for the times when my scalp looks a little dry, which isnt often... MzElaineous said:
I'm confused...baking soda and acv rinses help healthy locks form...

FireChild said:
My hair is bleached and dyed. And it was dyed before I bleached. I'd rather have healthy locs that take longer to form.

MzElaineous said:
Welcome Wild Roots and congrats on product free hair! I joined: dreads saved by dreadlockssite.com group for the same reasons. Without this site I probably would have succumbed to wax products or crocheting.

Btw, your baby dreads look fantastic!

@firechild - no wonder you have to retwist if you use conditioner. Natural womyn gave an excellent tip when using acv as a conditioner. put the rinse in a squirt bottle, so that way it can be aimed at the scalp. better than putting conditioner over everything and having more twists than necessary fall out. It's also a fact that less twisting = less damage. SE may be blunt, but he's just looking out. happy dreading :)
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Me too. It's the one thing I've used that has left my dreads feeling truly clean and soft.And since using them my hair has become alot healthier (: Wild Roots said:
Me too...I find the baking soda and acv rinse to work really well with my hair. It's kept my babies feeling clean and soft which really shocked me. Although I do need to find some natural oils for the times when my scalp looks a little dry, which isnt often...

MzElaineous said:

FireChild said:
My hair is bleached and dyed. And it was dyed before I bleached. I'd rather have healthy locs that take longer to form.

MzElaineous said:
Welcome Wild Roots and congrats on product free hair! I joined: dreads saved by dreadlockssite.com group for the same reasons. Without this site I probably would have succumbed to wax products or crocheting.

@firechild - no wonder you have to retwist if you use conditioner. Natural womyn gave an excellent tip when using acv as a conditioner. put the rinse in a squirt bottle, so that way it can be aimed at the scalp. better than putting conditioner over everything and having more twists than necessary fall out. It's also a fact that less twisting = less damage. SE may be blunt, but he's just looking out. happy dreading :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Uhhh,in case you weren't aware...this is SE's site...he started it and has been sporting his dreads 20 years and I think you are waaaaaayyyyyyy outta line. FireChild said:
I have African American hair (well not just the hair...I'm black). I need more moisture than most. And I don't doubt baking soda and acv rinses help. The black community uses them profusely. But just like anything else, it doesn't work for everyone. It turns my hair into a dry nasty mess. I'm not of the mind that you have to have dry, gross, damaged hair to get good locs. I'd rather be patient and have them be healthy from jumpstreet. So I'm not going to do things that other people do if it hurts my hair.

And Mannie I found the way SE jumped in and gave a reason why I didn't need to ask a question vs an answer to my question to be rude. And I find the way he represents his opinion as fact all the time to be rude, along with the way he represents himself as lord of the dreads. So....guess we're even?

MzElaineous said:

FireChild said:

MzElaineous said:

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
WildRoots you have amazing hair and your locks are going to be stunning! Welcome to our lil knotty family I'm glad you found us! Many Blessings
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Ok, so if you or anyone else is such an expert on their own hair then why have a forum? And who are you to jump in and advise anyone since they aren't you and don't have your hair and life, etc.? Come on...you have been dreading what...a month! If you know sooooo much then go sit on your little dread throne and enjoy yourself. I just don't understand how you can jump in throughout this thread and give your point of view but if SE does then he isn't valid. Where is your science? The truth is that I think you assume since he is white that none of what he knows about dreads doesn't apply to you or other African Americans and I disagree. FireChild said:
I'm well aware that this is his site. I knew he was on this site before I joined it and then upon closer inspection after joining realized he owned it. I'm also familiar with him from around the internet in various other places. If he has the right to be blunt then I reserve that right also. Information is a wonderful thing but when you become afraid of discussion you eventually stop the development of new information.

SE doesn't have my hair type, my lifestyle, nor the type of locs I wish to have. But even if he did, I'd still want him to differentiate between his opinion and actual facts that can be backed up via science or some other method. And I'd still review what he said very carefully and tweak it to fit MY hair, because even from person to person hair is different.

If he'd just let the OP answer my question since he didn't have the answer half of this thread wouldn't exist.

Panterra Caraway said:
Uhhh,in case you weren't aware...this is SE's site...he started it and has been sporting his dreads 20 years and I think you are waaaaaayyyyyyy outta line.
FireChild said:
I have African American hair (well not just the hair...I'm black). I need more moisture than most. And I don't doubt baking soda and acv rinses help. The black community uses them profusely. But just like anything else, it doesn't work for everyone. It turns my hair into a dry nasty mess. I'm not of the mind that you have to have dry, gross, damaged hair to get good locs. I'd rather be patient and have them be healthy from jumpstreet. So I'm not going to do things that other people do if it hurts my hair.

And Mannie I found the way SE jumped in and gave a reason why I didn't need to ask a question vs an answer to my question to be rude. And I find the way he represents his opinion as fact all the time to be rude, along with the way he represents himself as lord of the dreads. So....guess we're even?

MzElaineous said:

FireChild said:

MzElaineous said:

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
FACT=I have many African American friends that have natural dreads not twists and they ARE in face skinny because they separated them.

@ Panterra because some people enjoy bouncing from one dread forum to another and causing fights for no reason

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Ahhh gotcha NW...thank you for clarifying : ) NaturalWomyn said:
FACT=I have many African American friends that have natural dreads not twists and they ARE in face skinny because they separated them.

@ Panterra because some people enjoy bouncing from one dread forum to another and causing fights for no reason

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I think NW was pretty direct. Anyways, you just counterdicted yourself. You said SE didn't have your hair or life, etc. Well, other people have their own unique hair too, right? So, I don't think it is okay for you to speak for them. I have been a licensed hairdresser for 30 years and I do know about hair and SE is correct in the things he says. And whether you are African American or Chinese your hair structure is the same even though the texture is vastly different. I don't even see a pic on your page of your dreads...Why don't you just admit that maybe you have a bit to learn, like alot of us here? If you dropped the high and mighty attitude I bet you and I and maybe others would be happier. You can express yourself without being rude. And you can disagree without being confrontational, I see it here all the time. I don't want to fight with you or anyone for that matter but your approach is aggressive and opinionated...you don't have to be like that. And by the way, you seem very concerned about the condition of your hair and were saying how you were going to not rush your dreads by still using your conditioner...well, if your hair is bleached and colored, then you have already compromised your hair structure and your hair is not too healthy....probably less healthy than those who have stoppped using conditioner given the fragility of African American hair. FireChild said:
Nw if you have something to say be direct.

Panterra a large portion of my family has locs including my own mother. I get a good deal of my hair care routine from my family but even everything THEY do doesn't work for me. For example my mom has really small tiny locs and she looks fab but they don't fit my personality. I joined because there's no such thing as too much information. I was honestly offended by SE's response. Like if he genuinely wanted to know that would be one thing but that wasn't his intent. What would have been the harm in letting the OP answer my damn question?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Thanks Panterra not sure HOW I could have been any more direct.LOL

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form