Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello- new here, dread hopeful!

Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter having Autism... I cannot believe the number of parents I always come into contact with that have autistic children, sometimes more than one in the family. I know what you mean about it coming into your life for a reason... and as hard as it is to be "that" person sometimes, it's the inner strength that drives you to make a difference and be a catalyst for change in the world.People can be so mean sometimes; I've been berated myself for my beliefs and lifestyle (by strangers, friends, and family, whether it be for my birth choices, not vaccinating, vegetarianism, anything I do really) and it's all just so foolish and selfish of others to not listen and give themselves the chance to learn something new, but instead to lash out at others because they want to attack what's different than their choices because they assume that if you did something "good" then maybe they are doing something "bad" if it's not the same.You sound like such a strong mama! It sounds like you really are walking down a path of discovery for yourself with the dreads :) How cool.
updated by @akal-sahai: 07/23/15 04:59:35PM
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
yay!!! i'm glad you made it. even though i only have a handful of dreads right now, it really makes me feel completely different about myself. it's awesome. show your husband around a little bit and see what he thinks. he should support you if this is something that you really want! if he doesn't at first, i'm sure he will grow to love them anyway. most people do. even my grandma.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Mama Christina said:
Also, be prepared that when he really sees you with your own dreads, he might just change his mind and be incredibly drawn to you. Mine did that (wasn't against them to begin with tho), and i've heard of others doing that too. if guys can dig the Nature aspect of things, it's like seeing you become empowered and strong to their eyes, even if you already were, it's a physical embodiment of that light within you. A sense of self, and confidence is so alluring. That's just my interpretation though..
This is what my hubby did and now that Im going natural, hes even more excited!Welcome :) This site is awesome!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form