Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

nearing my one year dready bday

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You know, most people hate where they lived as children or they hate where they live now or they hated living there after being there a while but I rarely see anyone saying that they hate the Pacific NW. =D I might end up in Seattle (yuck, I hate big cities =( ) because my fiance wants to go to college, lol. Who knows... nicoleina said:
GG- Port Angeles is magical. It doesn't rain like Seattle does, you have the bay, the Olympics right behind you, sailing, crabbing, & down to earth people. Enjoy the NW, I miss it every second I'm gone.

GreyGargoyle said:
How'd you like Port Angeles? I'm moving up to Washington next year. I can't wait.
Might go to either Port Angeles, Olympia or something else in Clallam county Washington.

nicoleina said:
i was born in port angeles, raised in port townsend- lived all over the pennisula and went to college in bellingham... you?

Yeti said:
Welcome! glad you could join us.
where abouts in the PNW are you from?

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/13/15 12:09:44PM
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
Vancouver is amazing! I lived in Bellingham for 5 years, so that was just a skip away. Knottysleeves said:
I live in the Canadian portion of the Pacific NW (Vancouver Island). I love it. I moved here in my early 30s after living in big cities my whole life... after my first couple months here I knew I would never live in "the big city" again. It's a totally different pace of life.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah! Me and my fiance are in an argument about moving...She wants to go to college but I don't want to live in a city! I'm pretty firm in not wanting to live breathing in filthy air or feeling like an ant in an anthill... Knottysleeves said:
I live in the Canadian portion of the Pacific NW (Vancouver Island). I love it. I moved here in my early 30s after living in big cities my whole life... after my first couple months here I knew I would never live in "the big city" again. It's a totally different pace of life.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Any college that does Japanese courses. She's really into Japanese culture and she said that ONLY Seattle has Japanese courses. I find that hard to believe but it may be true. She started learning Japanese a month or so ago and she's a quick learner but the degree is for Japanese is a four year course. Sux...I don't think I can live in a big city for that long. =( Sorry for taking so long to reply, we went for a walk. Knottysleeves said:
What kind of college does she want to go to? Lots of small cities and large towns have community colleges. I'm sure you can find a middle ground that suits both of you.
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
oh man, you are in the battle of battles aren't you?! try pennisula college, they are in Port Angeles and wonderful! also olympia has Evergreen which some people love! GreyGargoyle said:
Any college that does Japanese courses. She's really into Japanese culture and she said that ONLY Seattle has Japanese courses. I find that hard to believe but it may be true. She started learning Japanese a month or so ago and she's a quick learner but the degree is for Japanese is a four year course. Sux...I don't think I can live in a big city for that long. =( Sorry for taking so long to reply, we went for a walk.

Knottysleeves said:
What kind of college does she want to go to? Lots of small cities and large towns have community colleges. I'm sure you can find a middle ground that suits both of you.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yes and she goes with the crying and guilt trip tactics every time I even blink at the college/city thing, haha. I'll check into those colleges, thanks for the info. Hopefully they will have what she is looking for. I'd much rather move to Olympia than to Seattle. I've heard that Seattle has a very high crime rate and I'm not very good at playing the victim. :P nicoleina said:
oh man, you are in the battle of battles aren't you?! try pennisula college, they are in Port Angeles and wonderful! also olympia has Evergreen which some people love!

GreyGargoyle said:
Any college that does Japanese courses. She's really into Japanese culture and she said that ONLY Seattle has Japanese courses. I find that hard to believe but it may be true. She started learning Japanese a month or so ago and she's a quick learner but the degree is for Japanese is a four year course. Sux...I don't think I can live in a big city for that long. =( Sorry for taking so long to reply, we went for a walk.

Knottysleeves said:
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
We've talked about that. That would be okay if it was only for a year or so but FOUR years...ouch, lol. But I'm really happy right now because I said something about college and Japanese and she said, "I wonder if they have online courses..."...so happy right now. Haha, she said she'd rather do that anyways. Man, I'm sure that they have online courses. That would be awesome and I'd get what I want too, hehe. =D This will work out perfectly. Now I just have to pick an exact place to live. I'd like something within driving distance of the ocean or at least a lake. Ton of weight lifted off of my shoulders. =D I think I'd be happiest in Clallam county. It'd be amazing to live there. Knottysleeves said:
So you move to Olympia and she can live in Seattle. They're only like an hour away from each other. Visit on weekends. Problem solved. :-)

GreyGargoyle said:
Yes and she goes with the crying and guilt trip tactics every time I even blink at the college/city thing, haha. I'll check into those colleges, thanks for the info. Hopefully they will have what she is looking for. I'd much rather move to Olympia than to Seattle. I've heard that Seattle has a very high crime rate and I'm not very good at playing the victim. :P
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Good to hear. I'm gonna talk to her about it soon hopefully. Maybe I can still put her in college and live the way I want to at the same time. =) Sister Rags said:
Nicoleina, welcome : ) It's so good to meet you here.

Grey, I don't know of any colleges out here that DON'T have classes in Japanese. There's a college 1 mile from where I live, they offer several Japanese classes. Classes in Japanese and Chinese are extremely popular, all over the west coast.
Raven Renee
@raven-renee
14 years ago
10 posts
Happy Happy Almost Birthday to them! They look wonderful on you. ;D

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form