Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm going to start my dreading journey soon :)

MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Welcome! LMAO at Alden and SE.. You guys crack me up.. heheI agree with trying twist and rip method over backcombing. Works lovely, Looks great from day 1 and makes tighter more natural dreads than backcombing. GL!
updated by @mountainwillow: 07/09/15 09:13:34PM
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
LOL... I think I'm going to like it here :) Alden said:
angela englund said:
(I've had it about to my boobs before).

Haha..... you said 'boobs'.....

I'm really glad to hear that you aren't using any product, that's your first step to great dreads!!! I can tell that yours are going to be beautiful!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
Ok you guys have talked me into it I think :-p MountainWillow said:
Welcome! LMAO at Alden and SE.. You guys crack me up.. hehe

I agree with trying twist and rip method over backcombing. Works lovely, Looks great from day 1 and makes tighter more natural dreads than backcombing. GL!
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
I'm still confused about the whole process. I've been trying to find videos, images, anything of twist & rip! But I think I'll defiantly try it. (hopefully go sea salt route first) MommaCrunch said:
Hey angela, sounds like we have the same kind of hair. Mine is medium length and I can go ages without combing and not find a tangle. I did a minimum amount of back coming and twisting to get the process started and that worked great. Oh and I did not bother with a special comb. I bought a pack of cheap combs and it worked fine since I was not being too hard on my hair.

Good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i can try to guide yabut its simple as it soundstwist twist twist till its nice and twisted.. then seperate into 2 parts (randomly not always evenly) pull the 2 parts apart (not so u break hairs just force knots down toewards tyhe scalp)retwist reseperate repull repeat till u reach the tips

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
olduser
@old-user
15 years ago
15 posts
ok I finally found a video of the process on YouTube. that and with your description, I know how to do it! :) YouTube hasn't been behaving for me lately which made it hard to find a video. soaringeagle said:
i can try to guide ya
but its simple as it sounds
twist twist twist till its nice and twisted.. then seperate into 2 parts (randomly not always evenly) pull the 2 parts apart (not so u break hairs just force knots down toewards tyhe scalp)
retwist reseperate repull repeat till u reach the tips
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
im really hoping some ppl who are just starting out will make vids to upload here eventualy

--
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
You take a cluster of hair- based on how big you want the dread. and you twist it like if you were just playing with it. And the you take the end into two pieces and rip upwards towards the scalp to force it to knot. Twist that same cluster again.. Rip again. And repeat unti it has knotted pretty well and you can see a bit of a dread forming. Then move on to another bunch of hair. It really doesnt hurt- and its less time consuming I think than backcombing.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
You can also try just rubbing your hair against your scalp...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
or you could go play in the woods and forget all about your hair

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form