Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie - Planning to dread again, properly

Benjamin Allen
@benjamin-allen
14 years ago
13 posts
Hello there, nice to join you all :DI tried to dread my hair a few years ago, using backcombing and wax (I know, bad choice). It didn't really work, they just felt greasy quite often and stuck out at crazy angles. After about a month, I gave up and cut my hair.Recently I decided I wanted to grow my hair and dread it again. Looking around I found this site, and realised how bad a choice I'd made before. I intend to dread my hair naturally this time, and realised I need to appreciate the changes that happen as hair dreads itself, and enjoy the process, rather than just trying to get dreads straight away.At the minute, my hair's too short (2 inches) to really start dreading, but I was wondering if it's best to start letting it do it's own thing now and allow it to dread in it's own time as it grows?
updated by @benjamin-allen: 01/13/15 08:35:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
several members have dreaded from shaved heads i myself started dreading at 2 inches about (and even tho it was short it dreaded very very fast)u probably wont see dreads till 6 inches..but thats a probably not a definately u might see them soonerjust be careful that if it starts to realy matt up well u seperate so u dont get a dread helmet going on short hair can be lil harder to seperate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Benjamin Allen
@benjamin-allen
14 years ago
13 posts
Hey, thanks for the fast reply. I'll bear that in mind.Hopefully I'll get batteries for my camera soon, so I can keep track of the progress. soaringeagle said:
several members have dreaded from shaved heads i myself started dreading at 2 inches about (and even tho it was short it dreaded very very fast)
u probably wont see dreads till 6 inches..but thats a probably not a definately u might see them sooner

just be careful that if it starts to realy matt up well u seperate so u dont get a dread helmet going on short hair can be lil harder to seperate
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form