Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting dreads the natural way

Igor
@igor
14 years ago
5 posts
hello everyone, first of i'd like to apologize for asking the same old questions im sure you are all sick of reading all over again, im tied with time so i really cant browse whole forums and read all the responses to find out what im interested in.i decided to get dreads and after spending hours finding about all the methods and eventually finding about these forums i decided to choose the natural way to get my dreads. so i have a couple of qestions.first i'd like to say that english is not my first language so i have to translate everything and what i got confused about is everyone mentioning RESIDUE-FREE shampoo, roughly translated on my language it means without addons or smth, and i dont quite comprehand it, what are residues actually, im currently using a shampoo with 'Climbazole' something that helps to get rid of that pesky white crap that drops out from your hair (pardon me i just cant recall the correct word, im sure you all know what im thinking of)so is that climbazole or w/e a residue or not, how can i find what ingredients are considered to be a residues.also can i at least dry my hair with towel or just let the hair dry itself (its cold outside) also about so called baby dreads, where will they apear (im guessing 1-2 inches away from your scalp) and how should i wash the baby dreads, should i just wash whole head in circular motion like i do it now, or should i take care about each baby dread individualy. and eventually can i dye the dread once its formed or that will damage the dread itself.ok so excuse me for ranting, its just that im counting everything that pops on in my head, if some of you kind people want to bleed their eyes and help me out on this, i will be grateful for life
updated by @igor: 01/13/15 08:35:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
almost all shampoos have residues residues are anything left on the hair after washing ..conditioners scents waxes anything at all left behind residue free soaps rince away completely clean leaving nothing behind.the word for the white flakes is dandruffour baking soda mix with herbs works best for dandruff and leaves no residuesif u use the baking soda (bicarbonate of soda in some countries) you dont scrub at allbaby dreads wash normally but when u wash u gotta be careful u arent unknotting itu can dye dreade i just wouldnt recomend itu can air dry towel dry or blow dryi air dry when warm blow dry when cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Igor
@igor
14 years ago
5 posts
Ok, thx. How much baking soda should I use to wash my hair? What about those herbs, should I add some, and which?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for think i covered ratios and herbs there but i made ot perr gallon u use less so spoonfulls experiment

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
You are always so helpful. Just a living breathing encyclopedia. I like that. If I ever get a chance to go free-form - Im calling you up. LOL soaringeagle said:
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for
think i covered ratios and herbs there but i made ot perr gallon u use less so spoonfulls experiment
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form