Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP...Where can I get my hair backcombed in Maryland, Virginia or DC?

Punanamous
@punanamous
14 years ago
5 posts
I've had my starter locs retwisted twice with the mango & lime dreading gel. I hate it with a passion! My hair is soooo soft, it'll take months for it to loc. I backcombed a few...and love how puffy it looks. Also, I was wondering is there a way to add (afro kinky bulk human hair) from the beauty supply store to make them longer. I only have a good two inches of hair.....thanks
updated by @punanamous: 01/13/15 08:35:18PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
...just dread, man...dread. Don't backcomb, no gel...just go wild.Oh and don't waste your money on something that grows on your own head...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcomb yourself dont go to a salon it would be a disasteru can asdd hair as an exention but i wouldnt bother your dreads will gtowu know u can just stop the sliming and twisting and just let your dreads form i dunno why african americans would make dreads when thay have the best hair in the world for natural dreadswhy dont u just wash out the gel wash a few rimes and see if it dont just dread on its ownbackcombings loil extra damaging on yoir tight curls so be aware of thatif u di backcomb just do it yourself and have a freind do the back..its so easy u wont have a salon screw u all up and u wont be ripped off for hundreds of dollars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Punanamous
@punanamous
14 years ago
5 posts
Lol...ya know African Americans have different textures of hair. Mine is really soft like cotton. Some of my friends have the thick, kinky stuff ....lucky them. Hmmm, maybe I need a better comb...My cousin is gonna kill me for starting over with a different technique. Wish me luck..haha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u got soft hair thats not real dry u def wanna steer clear of all that gelbackcomb but not too aggressively since u are lil more prone to damagefor the most part leave it to go natural as much as possiblei wouldnt try to get too tight by backcombing they'll tighten up fine on theyre own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Punanamous
@punanamous
14 years ago
5 posts
ok..it's 3am up messing with my hair. I did a few...love it! Adds length and fullness. Looks wayyy better than those stupid gel twists matted to my head. I'll do the rest in the morning. Gotta figure out how to catch the shorter hairs around the hairline. Ohhhh well night all...peace and mustard grease..thanks
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, the gel twists just look bad, haha.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form