Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Begining My Journey

amber hand
@amber-hand
14 years ago
1 posts
So... wow, I'm 18 and caucasion, and have been wanting to start my locks for 3 years now. I am starting with braids but I have never been sooo unsure of what I am doing in my entire life. I am absolutely positive I want dreads but I'm not sure of what I should and should not be doing, what products to use if any, and what I should expect. Any advice?
updated by @amber-hand: 01/13/15 08:35:06PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
1. Start washing your hair with either...A. Dr. Bronners magic soaps (liquid or bar) Tea tree is best for hair but the others are all great too. I've found that this soap actually helps my hair lock up.B. Baking soda and Apple cider vinegar. This gets your hair SUPER clean.C. Both. I like to use both. Dr. Bronners more often but I love getting my hair clean with baking soda and AVC rinse.2. Just be patient the dreads will grow on their own. You will get a lot out of naturally dreading if this is what you choose to do. Trust me it is all very worth it!!!3. Things like beads and tams can help your dreads lock up faster. Buy a 100% wool tam and wear it while you sleep, I highly recommend it to help the dreading out. If you want you can also buy beads, I plan on buying some down the road. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive That is SE's guide to dreads. It's super helpful and it has just about anything that you'll need to know. There's also another thread, Idk where it is but it is about "if dreads are right for you" well you should definitely read that too. But check out that link.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i suggest post pics of your hair now along with go through all our pics and pick out a few u treally like and we can go over how they were started etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form