Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair that doesnt dread?

Tommy J
@tommy-j
14 years ago
12 posts

i know all hair dreads eventually, but is there hair that will take years and years and years to dread naturally? is it possible to have hair that just wont dread?because i started with backcomb and twist and rip, its been 4 months and my hair has been getting worse and worse, its gonna be completly straight and unknotted soon.i was assuming that after a few months it gets better, but its not. its really just getting worse every single day.

updated by @tommy-j: 08/20/21 05:22:03PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I'm sure there may be one person in the world that has hair that doesn't dread...But I'm sure yours will if you're doing the right thing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
define getting wordse and your hair typepics please toosome hair is resistent if its oily etcu can reduce oiliness by several methods (ill explain if u confirm thats an issue)more likely your playing with it too much unknotting it or running fingers through in your sleepwear a hat at night avoid playing with em too muchuse some sea salt spraysok besides backcomb/tnr what have u done/usedu kbow just adding beads will be a huge helppics as detailed as can be will help a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tommy J
@tommy-j
14 years ago
12 posts
Well i washg ever 3 to 4 days with baking soda/acvi use sea salt spray after my showers and let it dry on. i sleep with a wool hat on, with the hair tucked unto the hat. i dont play with my hair much but every few days i will go through them and separate each dread and if its really loose or fallen apart i will re tnr the section. maybe its horrible cause i keep tnr every section that falls apart?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wouldnt re-tnr at all if a section falls apart id stick a bead on it it will dreadif they keep tending to fall apart alot put a bead on each and problem solved

--
Tommy J
@tommy-j
14 years ago
12 posts
yeah it seems like the tnr never stays and it just falls apart again, should i keep the bead on while i sleep? would it pull? and should i just leave the bead on for a week or 2 and see how that goes? soaringeagle said:
i wouldnt re-tnr at all if a section falls apart id stick a bead on it it will dread
if they keep tending to fall apart alot put a bead on each and problem solved
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
leave the bead on permenantly if u wantclose to the tip as it will stick Tommy J said:
yeah it seems like the tnr never stays and it just falls apart again, should i keep the bead on while i sleep? would it pull? and should i just leave the bead on for a week or 2 and see how that goes?

soaringeagle said:
i wouldnt re-tnr at all if a section falls apart id stick a bead on it it will dread
if they keep tending to fall apart alot put a bead on each and problem solved

--
William
@william
14 years ago
15 posts
try this - only wash with water once a week and then only use baking soda/acv/salt water once a month.. Your hair will get really oily at first, but don't worry. Your hair should start to dread up and some days it will look like it all comes undone. It is part of the process. Once you hit the 5-6 month mark, you should notice a big difference. Stay away from the hat thing - in my experience it made things worse. I found being outside in the wind really helped things out too.Hopefully this might help... it helped in my situation. I think every person is bit different and they just have to find their groove of things.don't t&r over and over again - you will really damage your hair.
Tommy J
@tommy-j
14 years ago
12 posts
i tryed not washing as much, but it gets so oily to the point where its slippery to the touch, its pretty nasty and i know that doesnt help the dreading William said:
try this - only wash with water once a week and then only use baking soda/acv/salt water once a month.. Your hair will get really oily at first, but don't worry. Your hair should start to dread up and some days it will look like it all comes undone. It is part of the process. Once you hit the 5-6 month mark, you should notice a big difference. Stay away from the hat thing - in my experience it made things worse. I found being outside in the wind really helped things out too.
Hopefully this might help... it helped in my situation. I think every person is bit different and they just have to find their groove of things.

don't t&r over and over again - you will really damage your hair.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I found that Kirk's soap really helped to strip all that natural conditioner and encouraged rapid knotting. After the wash, I just used a towel to get a whole-head clockwise rubdown. I always needed to pop joining dreads after that.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form