Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Repair

Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Hi, iv only been dreading for a short while,but iv had to get mine repaired quite a few timesdoes anyone know how I can help myself? Haha
updated by @ginger-jack: 02/11/18 02:31:21AM
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
what do you mean by repair? this is sooo vague :/
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Erm... Well they are coming loose and falling out. There are annoying bends which stick out of the dreads, and I know they ain't suppose to be there.

Lex said:
what do you mean by repair? this is sooo vague :/
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
this is all normal... you dreads tighten and loosen over time and are supposed to get big bumps and loops before they smooth out. dreads take time and do not look neat quickly... repair your dreads by leaving them alone and giving them time to evolve on their own. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh noo what did u do to "repair" them anything that was done to repair them did more harm then goodim gueesing you mean at a salon? eeek salons are a disaster you never want to go to a salonok tell us exactly what was done to youand how long u been dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh no u used wax yoo u neeeeed to get that wax out!! wax is evilyour dreads wont dread with wax in..plus u backcombed backcombing is a very poor method and by its nature will loosen even fall apart completely before it starts to dreadloops and lumps mean 1 thing..theyre dreadingi think u fell for the johnny clean scam huh u thought dreads should look smooth and neat without any character?only way to acheive that is to do great harm and well your dreads wont last 3 yearsif you want dreads to survive dont use wax and dont "repair" what isnt brokenread the wax removal thread and the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading yea i know your at 4 months..but since u used wax u mighty as well be at 2 weeks not 4 monthsget all wax out..then leave them alone

--
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Thank you to you all! You have been a great help to me! I am concerned about does it matter that my hair is naturally straight? And is it normal that the top of my hair is extremly matted?

soaringeagle said:
oh no u used wax yoo u neeeeed to get that wax out!! wax is evil your dreads wont dread with wax in..plus u backcombed backcombing is a very poor method and by its nature will loosen even fall apart completely before it starts to dreadloops and lumps mean 1 thing..theyre dreadingi think u fell for the johnny clean scam huh u thought dreads should look smooth and neat without any character?only way to acheive that is to do great harm and well your dreads wont last 3 yearsif you want dreads to survive dont use wax and dont "repair" what isnt brokenread the wax removal thread and the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading yea i know your at 4 months..but since u used wax u mighty as well be at 2 weeks not 4 monthsget all wax out..then leave them alone
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
straight..no straight hair dreads fineyou mean at the scalp?have u been riot rubbing anything like that if so stopthen seperate them ( http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/ripping-popping-seperating )seperate often weekly or so easiest right after u washcan u post pics?read the dreaducation and wax removal threads http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it Ginger jack said:
Thank you to you all! You have been a great help to me! I am concerned about does it matter that my hair is naturally straight? And is it normal that the top of my hair is extremly matted?

soaringeagle said:
oh no u used wax yoo u neeeeed to get that wax out!! wax is evil your dreads wont dread with wax in..plus u backcombed backcombing is a very poor method and by its nature will loosen even fall apart completely before it starts to dread
loops and lumps mean 1 thing..theyre dreading

i think u fell for the johnny clean scam huh u thought dreads should look smooth and neat without any character?
only way to acheive that is to do great harm and well your dreads wont last 3 years
if you want dreads to survive dont use wax and dont "repair" what isnt broken

read the wax removal thread and the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading yea i know your at 4 months..but since u used wax u mighty as well be at 2 weeks not 4 months

get all wax out..then leave them alone

--
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Ill try, I have only just got my iPhone so I'll try and see if I can from this. I haven't done anything other than had them backcombed then waxed, I was thinking to control tge loose hair I would buy lock peppa, should I?

soaringeagle said:
straight..no straight hair dreads fineyou mean at the scalp?have u been riot rubbing anything like that if so stopthen seperate them ( http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/ripping-popping-seperating )seperate often weekly or so easiest right after u washcan u post pics?read the dreaducation and wax removal threads http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it Ginger jack said:

soaringeagle said:
oh no u used wax yoo u neeeeed to get that wax out!! wax is evil your dreads wont dread with wax in..plus u backcombed backcombing is a very poor method and by its nature will loosen even fall apart completely before it starts to dread
loops and lumps mean 1 thing..theyre dreading

i think u fell for the johnny clean scam huh u thought dreads should look smooth and neat without any character?
only way to acheive that is to do great harm and well your dreads wont last 3 years
if you want dreads to survive dont use wax and dont "repair" what isnt broken

read the wax removal thread and the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading yea i know your at 4 months..but since u used wax u mighty as well be at 2 weeks not 4 months

get all wax out..then leave them alone
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
There are some pics up, is this bad??
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form