Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads or dream job

Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
ya i was at key when i got hurt haha. ive got friends that work at several of the resorts around there... i like summit but the snow was pretty bad this season. i had a pass and rode 34 days even tho i'm skoolin in nebraska. i wouldnt cut them for any regular job at a ski resort. but this is high cascade snowboard camp. i feel like it'd be an optimal "in" for the mt hood/govy scene. i've been down there the last few summers and its prolly the toughest local scene to get into (without bein a liftie or something haha). Chuck R said:
Whats up man? Sounds just like my story. I'm in Breckenridge now and broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago. Sucks. So now I'm looking for a job in the travel industry and will most likely have to cut my dreads. It was harder than I thought it would be to find a job in Breck because of the hair. If you work for one of the resorts you'll prob have to cut them, but there are places that will hire with dreads, it's just getting alot harder. Vail resorts wont hire anyone with dreads at all? I would'nt cut them for the snowboard job -you'll find one that'll be cool with it, but if I got offered a travel job, I would cut them. Where is the snowboard camp?
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I have been very blessed with work and dreads flowing together peacfully. I work in an adult fostercare home that wants a "real home" feeling for the clients therefore they eliminated uniforms and dress code.As far as the meds go, its a really unfortunate situation. My best friend has been battling with her perscription drug addiction since her first back surgery. I hope you make the best decission for you.
Chuck R
@chuck-r
14 years ago
19 posts
Yeah the snow sucked this year. We're actually getting 6" tonight. I work at Micasa if you're ever in town. But prolly goin to Florida for the summer and be back next season. andrew harder said:
ya i was at key when i got hurt haha. ive got friends that work at several of the resorts around there... i like summit but the snow was pretty bad this season. i had a pass and rode 34 days even tho i'm skoolin in nebraska. i wouldnt cut them for any regular job at a ski resort. but this is high cascade snowboard camp. i feel like it'd be an optimal "in" for the mt hood/govy scene. i've been down there the last few summers and its prolly the toughest local scene to get into (without bein a liftie or something haha).

Chuck R said:
Whats up man? Sounds just like my story. I'm in Breckenridge now and broke my ankle about 5 weeks ago. Sucks. So now I'm looking for a job in the travel industry and will most likely have to cut my dreads. It was harder than I thought it would be to find a job in Breck because of the hair. If you work for one of the resorts you'll prob have to cut them, but there are places that will hire with dreads, it's just getting alot harder. Vail resorts wont hire anyone with dreads at all? I would'nt cut them for the snowboard job -you'll find one that'll be cool with it, but if I got offered a travel job, I would cut them. Where is the snowboard camp?
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
just think of what's more important to you. having dreadlocks or having your dream job?who cares about hair all that much, go for the job and more important things in life.hair will always be just hair..
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
did you read his post? DREAM JOB not some shit-job.hair is meaningless, why hold attachments to that, which will hold you back? thats stupid.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
well then he should change the title of the thread b/c it is misinformationin which case you would be right = fuck the mainstreme Makarov said:
I also read the rest of the thread and he said that the snow boarding thing wasn't his dream job...arrr duhraawr...

Why would dreads hold him back unless he lets them?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think I want some chamomile tea...
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
haha you guys... ya exactly hair grows back. and even though its a super awesome opportunity i'd be bummed to cut my hair. but come on, if things work out i'll be shreddin on the glacier all summer and just kickin in oregon. not a bad gig. i see it as an door to much better things so i'm really not stressin itand on the thing about "snowboarders being chill and down with dreads" sure they are chill but the industry is gettin so much different. you cant be slackin and doing your own thing as much now days. being good isnt enough anymore. i mean i have friends that are filming and tryin to go pro but thats not my path. you really need to be marketable too to make it in the sport now. i just wanna be involved with the industry and do what i love. this could be a very good way to head in that direction so i'm willing to make some sacrifices
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
more power to you!releasing of attachments (of hair) to further your progress (career) is an excellent indicator of your spiritual maturity.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
if this is something he sees as important, then it wouldn't be a needless sacrifice.but even so, i know plenty of dreadheads that are on their 2nd set.. 3rd set..
updated by @illumiknotty: 07/20/15 10:54:10PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form