Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to the site =D / Hello to all!

Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
Hi I'm Argie! I am a Filipino I'm kinda new to the site and dreadlocks...I got this site from the main man "soaringeagle" itself =b. by answering my question in yahoo answer. it's true that I got my dreadlocks started from crochet method.I want to keep my dreads that's why I followed this site.I only have these locks for 2 months as of now. I hope I can make it natural dreads as times goes by. so masters! please kindly guide me too =D
updated by @argie-gulay: 03/02/19 09:23:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcome :)throw away the crochet hookaccept that they will go all poofy and fuzzy awhile (crochet makes dreads too thin too tight and damaged, when they recover they poof back up getting thicker and causing alot of loose fuzzy hairs) these will self correct for the most part over time..but loose hairs wontever disapear completely..just accept emin a few months you'll see alot of changes and theyll start to grow and lock more naturalyyou'll also notice a difference in feel especialy new growrh at the rootsthey'll feel softer mre spongy not scratchy and squeeky when squeezedthe texture will change to becomming more dreaded less wovensit back watch (but not too closely) and be amazed at how they change and grow more as a living thing then as an inatimate object needing molding into place ..glad we saved you from adding wax ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
really appreciate it! so true... thanks I am saved!I got 1 more question... how often do I have to wash my hair? do I have to use any soap?does using shampoo really stops the hair to form natural dreadlocks? soaringeagle said:
welcome :)
throw away the crochet hook
accept that they will go all poofy and fuzzy awhile (crochet makes dreads too thin too tight and damaged, when they recover they poof back up getting thicker and causing alot of loose fuzzy hairs) these will self correct for the most part over time..
but loose hairs wontever disapear completely..just accept em
in a few months you'll see alot of changes and theyll start to grow and lock more naturaly

you'll also notice a difference in feel especialy new growrh at the roots
they'll feel softer mre spongy not scratchy and squeeky when squeezed
the texture will change to becomming more dreaded less woven
sit back watch (but not too closely) and be amazed at how they change and grow more as a living thing then as an inatimate object needing molding into place ..

glad we saved you from adding wax ;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash when u feel the need to wash once or twice a weeks good for most people but some preffer more or less oftena non residue shampoos best but not criticalactually the baking soda acv combo is better then the best shampoossearch the site theres plenty of threads about washing with baking soda and theres a group of extra clean dreads too(baking soda maybe bicarbonate soda in your country) Argie Gulay said:
really appreciate it! so true... thanks I am saved!

I got 1 more question... how often do I have to wash my hair? do I have to use any soap?

does using shampoo really stops the hair to form natural dreadlocks?

soaringeagle said:
welcome :)
throw away the crochet hook
accept that they will go all poofy and fuzzy awhile (crochet makes dreads too thin too tight and damaged, when they recover they poof back up getting thicker and causing alot of loose fuzzy hairs) these will self correct for the most part over time..
but loose hairs wontever disapear completely..just accept em
in a few months you'll see alot of changes and theyll start to grow and lock more naturaly

you'll also notice a difference in feel especialy new growrh at the roots
they'll feel softer mre spongy not scratchy and squeeky when squeezed
the texture will change to becomming more dreaded less woven
sit back watch (but not too closely) and be amazed at how they change and grow more as a living thing then as an inatimate object needing molding into place ..

glad we saved you from adding wax ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Hi :)
Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
thanks for the warm welcome sis's and bro's! I felt really good to be here with you guys
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
hey there!!welcome to the site!!happy to have you here!be sure you ll get lots of advice and helpul guidance from all the member!everyone s got sth to offer :);)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form