dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloha!

CloverQu
@cloverqu
2 years ago
6 posts

Heyo. 

I'm only like a couple months into the freeform method.  It was accidental, I stopped brushing because I hate my straight hair and it would at least get a little wavy the longer I went without brushing.  They started appearing and I don't see a reason to brush them out.  There's only like four locs back there, but I think they're adorable.

I am hoping this community is a little more welcoming than r/dreadlocks.  I've posted there twice trying to get help and support and I think whenever I mention I have straight hair, they immediately dismiss me.  So sorry I look different than the typical loc-er, but I hope I'm still allowed to have locs. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

You are allowed to have LOCKS we aren’t afraid to spell it correctly. I started the same way as you, (2nd time) 31 years ago. I too had 4 in the back till others showed up.

we love dreadlocks and aren’t afraid to call them dreadlocks. We love the organic let it happen lifestyle. My hair was straight too.

65155106_2408382669221660_3506146902267658240_o.jpg
DSCN4163.JPG

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CloverQu
@cloverqu
2 years ago
6 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

You are allowed to have LOCKS we aren’t afraid to spell it correctly. I started the same way as you, (2nd time) 31 years ago. I too had 4 in the back till others showed up.

we love dreadlocks and aren’t afraid to call them dreadlocks. We love the organic let it happen lifestyle. My hair was straight too.

65155106_2408382669221660_3506146902267658240_o.jpg
DSCN4163.JPG

thank you so much I appreciate the support! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Wish google hadn’t changed the algorithm a few years back to favor businesses and news, we used to be top search in most terms, now most find us too late after being sucked into those other sites.

which one were you in?

--
CloverQu
@cloverqu
2 years ago
6 posts

It was reddit.  I am part of a few communities on there for various interests, usually have a great experience, but r/dreadlocks has been unwelcoming.  I posted a picture of my first little lock baby and the comment I got was: "No. We're not doing this shit, knock it off." No explanation about what they were saying no to or anything, and then the account was gone so I couldn't even get a follow-up.  Just weird vibes over there.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Oh geez! Well welcome home. Now bring other conscious dreadies over here 

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Photo?

--
CloverQu
@cloverqu
2 years ago
6 posts

this is the photo I posted lol

IMG-5815.jpg
IMG-5815.jpg  •  393KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Ahh sweet, wait, they weren’t doing what? Weren’t giving in to racist hate? Hi there koala that will dread fast

do you plan to separate to keep some control or let ‘em do as they wish regardless of what they want?

--
CloverQu
@cloverqu
2 years ago
6 posts

That was actually one of my questions over there that never got answered!  I have always hated having thin hair, so I was thinking I should keep them separate as they form, keeping em small and hopefully eventually creating a thicker looking head of dreads?  I really don't know how that will work.  Any advice on how to do that? 

I am also seeing some stuff online about tugging at the roots.  I am thinking I need to keep the first few inches of hair un-locked to prevent that? It seems to be naturally happening, but we've just gotten started so I have no idea what shape they might take.  I also am wondering if I should/could keep my front sections of my hair free? 

I am having a hard time finding reference pictures of what my straight hair might look like with the free form method.  Do you think this picture I found could be close? Is this picture a representation of freeform or something else? I actually like how these look very much, but of course will be happy with whatever my hair decides to do.

IMG-5814.jpg
IMG-5814.jpg  •  323KB

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form