Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

welcome to india

Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
2 years ago
19 posts

hey namaste.  i hope everyone is well today. i have been absent from this site and most of life online for years. i am still in rural india.  its actually been 15 yrs since i started my locks with twist and rip and have had no maintenance except a crochet touch up on my one year old locks which i still regret = alot of breakage which i will finally try to remedy now.  its time.  i need some help.  ageing hair, thinning roots. maybe relocate a few thin ones on top to the underneath hair?  i dont really know but i do need help. probably with the dreaded crochet is the only way at this point.  i can set you with with room and board and yoga in my ashram for a few days up to a week,  if you can make it here to india. or if you are already in india.  and if you have some skills to help my hair.  i guesstimate about 5-7 hours of hair help?  here's the catch, i can only make this offer til end of september.  lets talk on ig/swarashram (hope thats ok but i will need to chat live to sort this out) bless!

ammabaneshwar.jpg
ammabaneshwar.jpg  •  297KB

updated by @amma-niradhara: 03/19/24 10:51:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Namaste I too am dealing with the aging/thinning roots. Mine are 12 feet long though. DO NOT CROCHET. what I’m doing is wrapping cloth around the roots to encourage the gray hairs to dread into the roots, gray hairs more resistant to knotting it seems.

you can wrap 2 dreads together, use hemp or embroidery thread and wrap it round and round the bases of the two till they merge and join together.

I just started dealing with mine, so we will solve it together. 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
2 years ago
19 posts

thanks for the fast encouraging reply.  i think i am ready to relocate about 6-7 thin ones to underneath the hair - by crocheting them to attach them.  the gray is brittle and breaking and the weight on top hairs which are more gray and exposed to more sun is worse.  so i think pulling them off and reattaching by crocheting them in a stronger locatno on my head is best.  other mentioned would not work in this case here.  if anyone on this site wants to hang out in india, im your guide.

Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
2 years ago
19 posts

RE: wrapping 2 togehter i have sewn with normal thread this same way and it is really aweful result now its thinner and worse

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

I just wrote a book and I’m actually working on another one that is set in India.. a Chicago homicide cop who became a Naga Sadhu

so I’d love to go and get inspired and write there.. but I can’t. 

And I have seen a crochet hook go completely through a thumb.. so with my luck not risking it. (I swear it looked like it went right through the bone. It’s featured in discussions or vids I think) 

86AB13B9-EC77-417C-B6BC-63DA2E0A5328.jpeg

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Amma Niradhara:

RE: wrapping 2 togehter i have sewn with normal thread this same way and it is really aweful result now its thinner and worse

yea you don’t want to tight, or sew them, I’m loosely wrapping all the roots encouraging more to merge together. 

--
Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
2 years ago
19 posts

i dont do anything tight to my head or hair - ever.  how are you writing about india if you have not lived here?  what is your taboo?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Well, I have a student there who’s risking her life to learn to write. But I wrote a story Tikoloshe, with a Maasai family. I know a lot of Kenyans, and I’m trying to help one save her dreads (she’s desperate to feed her kids and living with the Maasai) I was involved with a luhya tribe Kenyan at the time I wrote it.

I have a number of friends there, but well.. to answer the question, I got a crazy mind. And I don’t need to be there. The characters do. 
the aghori play a part but I’m not sure what part yet. 

the book name. My mom has never been supportive of anything I did until now. She really liked my writing but said “with the way things are now, the republicans will probably ban this.” I replied “yay!” 

the taboo. Hmm well. A brutal sociopath witch. Jesus started the apocalypse early, as soon as he could swing a sword. She’s bathed in blood, he’s in golden unstained armor. (She embraced the demonic diagnosis of mental illness) anywho. She curses Jesus with the gentleness of a kitten creating the prince of peace out of the soul reaping warrior of the apocalypse. Granting humanity thousands of years of wickedness. 
another deals with cannibalism and climate change. I don’t know they are all wildly different, and many say they have strong emotional reactions. Well, the most beautiful love story includes a gang rape, suicide attempt, disfigurement, amnesia, and the cruel hand of jealousy. 

--
Amma Niradhara
@amma-niradhara
2 years ago
19 posts

"risking her life to learn to write"? student of ? i run an ashram with the unusual initiative to educate girls about body literacy thru moon cycle yoga camps. i provide them with educational satsang as well as the tools and care they need just to stay in school while menstuating. the menstrual taboos (as they call them) have been misunderstood for decades as india got under the brits and then after getting free, foolishly trying to be westernized and not learn their own wisdoms. the protocols in vedic culture are to empower and protect the female reproductive system. she is the embodiment of the goddess.  not unclean or untouchable. but does need to take special care of herself. so i am teaching the girls to empower themselves within their own culture which is undeniably much stronger and wiser.  the female troubles dont find women until the western white sanitary napkins and tampons start arriving.  i make cloth pads or girls and working women and have been distributing them for free with educational yoga camps and a book. and inching my way into introducing the cup to married women. this is my project over 30 years and 22 of those years by the lens of studying and living immersed in vedic culture. i have been a yogini 49 of my 62 years. the subtlties of the culture are a life time of experiencing and learning.  no way i would be able to teach or write about it if i wasnt living it.  so i am just amazed how you can do that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Well, that is why I’m so glad to be in contact with you. hehe

Having said all that you sound like someone who could help her.

She left home to have internet, sleeping on couches. She’s got severe ulcers, and is not doing well. 
India is somewhere I would love to roam. The heat though would be close to deadly. I don’t sweat in any temp, so overheat like crazy. That’s why I was considering building an eco community in Kenya cause even though it’s on the equator, it’s 60s year round..my perfect temp range. 

but do you have Facebook? Maybe could put you in touch.

as for teaching, was helping her with her deepest desire to write. 

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form