dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ocean "natures help"

Stubby
@stubby
10 years ago
36 posts

Cody Harder said:

Personally, I wouldn't let the toxic state of our planet dictate what you do/don't do /too/ much. Whether you live in Japan (man, I'd be freaked out) or on this coast of the states or in Europe, our whole planet has rather sadly become filled with lots of nasty, toxic things. Some we're aware of, and LOTS we're not. I don't think swimming in the ocean a few times will shorten your life significantly, even considering Fukashima. Does anyone really talk about Chernobyl or 3 mile island anymore? No, but I'm sure they still have as much impact as Fukashima does today.

I say swim in the ocean if you feel like it. It will get your hair in a dready mood, that's for sure. But yeah, do rinse afterward. :) Thanks for your post I appreciate your view.

updated by @stubby: 07/23/15 03:50:55PM
Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

Thanks Gisela. No I'm not upset by people's comments, I think I'm more upset by the toxic conditions we find ourselves in today. It can sometimes feel like all you hear is "Don't do this" and "don't do that" or "you'll get cancer if you do this, that, or anything." It can be hard to feel like there's much freedom left in life when your actions are dictated by negative health aspects that come from living in what is now a contaminated world. It just seems like you can't do anything these days without hearing about the potential dire health consequences.

And, no, I wasn't suggesting that radioactivity could be washed away with water or anything else lol:) I was suggesting just to rinse the saltiness out. I would definitely not swim in water near Chernobyl.

Also, I live on the west coast of the USA, and it's been kinda scary and paranoid in the past few years to say the least. I remember when all the stores were selling out of iodine tablets shortly after fukashima cuz people thought they were going to be able to counteract radiation sickness like that. Time will tell...

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form