Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hellloooooo :) (does this even belong here?)

Allison Ruthless
@allison-ruthless
11 years ago
19 posts

heyyy, as nasty as it may be, i totally do the same thing!! i've kinda always had habits like that, nail biting, skin picking, hair pulling, split end picking, i could go on, so i think the twisting is just an extension of that. i thought you were gonna say the old snap a rubber band thing lol, which i've tried to no avail. i also have a spinning ring on my thumb, which is fine to fidget with but doesn't help at all with the twisting. i have tons of bracelets that i wear all the time and fidget with constantly, doesn't make a difference. i just can't stop. it's impossible. i'm destined to lose the ends of my dreads every few months for the rest of my life!! lol (not funny at all)

Richard said:

i have to try some things to keep my hands busy too, as i have a bad habit of picking the skin near the side of my thumb nails (nasty i know). I've picked at my thumbs for so long i have desensitized the area and don't even feel myself doing it most of the time. One thing you could try is to keep something on your wrist like an elastic band or something and play with that when you find yourself twisting. Alternatively you could turn a ring over so the gem is facing the palm of your hand and play with that? Oh and HHIII!

updated by @allison-ruthless: 07/22/15 08:37:14AM
Richard4
@richard4
11 years ago
16 posts
maybe you could put a small bell on the end of the dread you twist the most so when you twist it makes a noise letting you know to stop? i don't know if it would work or just annoy you when walking but might work you never know =)
Allison Ruthless
@allison-ruthless
11 years ago
19 posts

Hand yoga sounds great, I'll have to look into that!! Thanks :)

And bells, I've tried to put a bunch of little bells in my head but I haven't found any that don't get stuck and pull hairs and yeah. That'd be a great idea... iiifffff I didn't just twist them all, all the time. I just had to sew one back together tonight, it was only hanging on by two hairs, and I swept one up while cleaning the bedroom floor yesterday. Boooo :(

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form