Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural persecution

Logan Spike
@logan-spike
11 years ago
7 posts

I'm new to this journey. I tried to backcomb last week, and most of it fell out, so now I'm just letting it work naturally. I have very thick, coarse, VERY straight, tangle resistant hair, and right now my head looks like I just haven't bothered to comb it (which is true!), and it's probably going to take forever for it to start locking, but I'm willing to put up with it. I just toss on a tam when I go out for now. Keep your chin up!

updated by @logan-spike: 07/23/15 03:05:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother just go out with it tangling in the wind

if it looks like u havent combed then its progressing just fine

leave the tam at home

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dizzy
@dizzy
11 years ago
21 posts

I'm only three weeks in and i've gotten a few comments. Only positive, though. I think it's because i look kind of intimidating, so strangers don't feel brave enough to walk up to me and tell me off XD My cousins and boyfriend love what i'm doing with my hair and every time they see me they're always saying "wow, they've changed a lot from the last time!" and such.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

My journey began in September of 2012, in the past few months I've had total strangers, people I didn't talk to in high school, and friends compliment my hair; and it does feel awesome :) Several people I know want to grow dreads, and my best friend has been on her journey a few months now :)
I work 2 service jobs dealing with lots of people, and I do get looks sometimes, but it hurts from the people you love the most, my only dread haters are my mother and my sister.
However the good out weighs the bad! No ones opinion can change all the little things we love about our locs. Keep strong my friends! Peace. <3

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form