Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congo problems

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

By the looks of it, you always sleep on your back, so that is why it nested back there without separating, so you will need to pay attention to that area more once you do get them separated. I know it's hard once asleep, but try to sleep on your side sometimes. Maybe a pillow tucked behind your back would help keep you that way?

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/18/15 06:22:19PM
AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

2.5 hour session no victory

the growth is at minimum 3cm by 9cm and its just above my scalp

Are my only choices to cut it off or everything off?

PS I wrote a much longer message but there was an error

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Were you trying to separate them or comb all of that bit out? Do you think you improved it at all? If so then several shorter sessions over a period of time might start to get you somewhere.

The other thought I had was if you had a friend to help as they'd be able to see the situation better.

I hope you can sort it out somehow - it seems such a shame to have to cut it :(

AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

No more knots, at all.

My dad helped me out with it.

That congo ball was far bigger than I thought and even after slicing right down the middle it wouldn't budge at all. It was irreversible. (Made two solid dread dreads or more out of it)

So now I'm left with half my hair and a big clump out at the back. Feel pretty lost, anyone got haircut ideas?

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Just seen your reply. So sorry to hear that :(

I hope you've got a passable haircut now.and when (I'm guessing that's not if) you start dreading again just remember every dayto check if you need to separate anything. Good luck!

James Duffy
@james-duffy
11 years ago
10 posts
Give it an undercut,that way you can dread the top whist waiting for the hair underneath to grow long enough to dread.just a suggestion.
AngryHippie
@angryhippie
11 years ago
7 posts

Thanks for the help guys, but I think I was at least 4 months too late in trying to fix it.

James I would have done something like that a floppy mohawk was my pick (like Liam from Cancer Bats in the past) but my hair was really damaged and thin especially through the middle, so I tried to keep one side with a bit of length at first yet found the hairs health to still be rather fried so just buzzed it all down to an inch. Now the plan is to just let it grow grow grow for 3 or 4 years before possibly thinking dreads again. Kurt Vile is the goal now. Big thanks all and happy knotting.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form